Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
wonder if my local bakery can make a trump face on a cake

i would like to bring it to work for my co workers who supported shillary

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Does anyone know the Donald Trump subreddit? One of the biggest pro-Trump online communities?

Cause they got this thread where they're promoting the subreddits of of other right wing nationalists in Europe. It's both hilarious and sad/frightening at the same time, especially once you look into those subreddits, like https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Hofer/ for my good friend Norbert.

Of course it's entirely in English, which is not at all ironic for hardcore nationalists. As is the entire concept of an Internationalist forum of Nationalists.
@Seven @Osman @DAiDEViL they got some of your peeps as well :D

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Does anyone know the Donald Trump subreddit? One of the biggest pro-Trump online communities?

Cause they got this thread where they're promoting the subreddits of of other right wing nationalists in Europe. It's both hilarious and sad/frightening at the same time, especially once you look into those subreddits, like https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Hofer/ for my good friend Norbert.

Of course it's entirely in English, which is not at all ironic for hardcore nationalists. As is the entire concept of an Internationalist forum of Nationalists.
@Seven @Osman @DAiDEViL they got some of your peeps as well :D
:lol:

They're gutless cowards

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

It is about pretending the calendar can roll back 40 years. That genie ain't going back in the bottle. How soon before anybody notices?

And the climate change thing is one of the more concerning to me... it's going to be a lost 4 years on any possible progress.

But we could be talking rather apocalyptic scenarios too. Like this read:

History tells us what may happen next with Brexit & Trump
https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/his...ext-with-brexit-trump-a3fefd154714#.jfqry36tp

Maybe a little alarmist, but not at all implausible.
If all this bullshit (Brexit, Trumm, right wing extremists in all of Europe, ...) gains momentum, things can snowball very fast.

I bet Hitler didn't go into politics thinking he'd cause WWII and the Holocaust. Things simply spiralled out of control.

This means vigilance is required, even if it's all rather unlikely.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Trump looks weirdly docile in recent interviews. Almost as if he's starting to realise that being the US president is kind of a big deal. Looks less crazy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It would mostly be the same rhetoric... "First woman President denied by old white man" etc.

I'm glad not everyone is so soft that they won't vote for someone just because that person said something slightly offensive.

I was referring to the "going backwards" part, in regards to the issues you listed. It's such a common thing to hear that liberalism is unequivocally 100% "progress" and anyone who says otherwise is a "bigot".

-Trickle down economics - pretty iffy on this one but he wants to cut lower class taxes too to increase spending power
-repeal Obamacare - not exactly a resounding success is it?
-target Gay marriage - I think it devalues traditional marriage, a very important part of society though I think having a civil union with the same rights as marriage would be adequate
-abortion - killing a fetus is considered social progress? generally think it shouldn't be allowed unless in case of mother's life in danger, rape, some birth defects (i.e. severe intellectual disability - if these can be detected) or other such extreme cases
-deportations - illegal immigrants do not equate to societal progress

what is worse to you, "racism" (in this context) or innocent people being killed by terrorists?
- It's been well documented (For any overview: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/how-trumps-tax-plan-may-impact-your-returns.html) that most of the gains in his tax plans would go to the very wealthy. Now that is of course ironic considering a large part of his constituency and the fact he won largely because of the negative effects of similar policies in the past, but it's also reeeaaally expensive, and he hasn't shown a clear plan on how to pay for all of the breaks, in concrete terms.

-It's a very incomplete and flawed program for sure, but repealing it would leave a lot of people without healthcare - and the Donald again has no plan on how to solve that problem.

-Why would it devalue marriage? It literally doesn't change anything in the marriage laws of heterosexual couples.

-On abortion, I've noticed in a few discussions already that there's little point in arguing if we're not agreeing on when life begins - do you think it starts at conception?

-Many of those illegal immigrants have been living here for years, contributing a lot economically, have a family here, often even children that are US citizens. Deporting them would be come at a huge human and financial cost, and would achieve nothing but to prove a point.

And a few things on that last point: First of all, if we're talking about refugees, you're effectively killing a lot of people by not letting anyone in - not even after an extremely thorough and difficult vetting process. Secondly, you're literally banning a billion fucking people from entering the US, do you know how large that number really is? Or how much of an economic cost that would mean for the country? Or how difficult such a thing would be to implement, and how easy to circumvent by an actual terrorist? Of course, it's extremely difficult for any potential terrorist to get into the US (which only underlines how useless the ban really is), but some check on religion wouldn't make that any more difficult.

Not to mention that it's against the UN human rights convention, or how much damage it would do in terms of the US' reputation, or how such a policy would play right into the hands of ISIS and them pushing the idea of a war between Islam and the West.

- - - Updated - - -

If all this bullshit (Brexit, Trumm, right wing extremists in all of Europe, ...) gains momentum, things can snowball very fast.

I bet Hitler didn't go into politics thinking he'd cause WWII and the Holocaust. Things simply spiralled out of control.

This means vigilance is required, even if it's all rather unlikely.
There's a pretty big and interesting debate about this between historians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functionalism_versus_intentionalism) about this actually.

Though I wouldn't use "spiraled out of control", when you go out for one beer at the pub and end up coming home at 6 AM things have spiraled out of control, not so much when you kill 6 million people over the course of a few years :p

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:agree: He won't finish his term
Really. You think so?

Assassination? Public censor? Impeachment?

I mean, promising his electorate that he can turn the clock back to 1955 and not being able to deliver on that could get the angry mob out with torches. But curious as to your thoughts as to what will happen.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Really. You think so?

Assassination? Public censor? Impeachment?

I mean, promising his electorate that he can turn the clock back to 1955 and not being able to deliver on that could get the angry mob out with torches. But curious as to your thoughts as to what will happen.
Nah, i want it to be something never before seen, something huge. I want him to quit and say fuck this shit :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 605)