'Murica! (35 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree but I'm confused by the panic around this. what is it you think is going to happen if china buys some farmland here?

and if relations were to sour its not like they can pack it up and take the farmland back home with them
Farmland should never be sold to foreign corporations. We should never relinquish control of our food supply chains.

- - - Updated - - -

Gates is a bigger threat, IMO.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/06/16...s-of-elon-musk-with-xi-meeting-confirmed.html

why can’t they both be?

Apr 12, 2004
do they not have cameras? I have a feeling they could easily find the origin of this mystery bag of cocaine but it will remain mystery cause reasons
Because of high levels of security, they may not. Mics and cams are intentionally absent in large swaths of high-security sections of Gov buildings. You typically have to bring them in so you can do a pre-sweep of rooms first and make sure they are clean. Then, you go to the security locker and get one of the pre-selected mics and cams to use with anything else you need.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That’s a “they” problem.
What do their pronouns have to do with it?

Farmland should never be sold to foreign corporations. We should never relinquish control of our food supply chains.
In which case China represents less than 5% of foreign-held US farmland. What about the other 95%+?

And this is 'Murica, where corporations are the best citizens of all. Multinational corporations exist everywhere and they serve shareholders, not national borders.

Mondelēz is no different than Chevron. If someone is willing to pay 20% more for food or oil than Muricans are, their shareholders demand they go with the highest bidder. That's why the strategic value of domestic oil production is a joke if the corporations are just going to sell it overseas for more profit.

Capitalism, baby! This is what America stands for. Otherwise you're expecting government intervention in private business for how they make bank, forcing them to sell for less profit to cheapskate Americans.

I wouldn't be surprised if sleepy Joe was that idiot friend that always loses the coke.
No one blaming Hunter yet? Peeps are getting lazy.

This is insane but hilarious. How is this legal?
Something tells me he got the idea from ChatGPT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)