'Murica! (324 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Link me

- - - Updated - - -

lol handwork from who? same people that ram through an omnibus bill with no time to read what's in it? Those people?

- - - Updated - - -

Immigration doesn't have to be complex.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say I like Trump saying cartels are combatants. Again, not rocket science. Smoke those fuckers.
Just Google “trump cuba” and open the first link. Or you can click on this one.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...omise/1378/reverse-barack-obamas-cuba-policy/

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just Google “trump cuba” and open the first link. Or you can click on this one.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...omise/1378/reverse-barack-obamas-cuba-policy/
I thought you were referencing something that Trump just announced as a new campaign promise for his 2024 bid, etc (i.e. his recent announcement on cartels). My bad.

I don't mind normalizing relations with Cuba. Didn't bother me when Obama did it. Didn't see the benefit for Trump reversing it at the time.

Honestly, pull production from Asia (i.e. China) and either build stuff here or locally (i.e. SA/CA).

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I thought you were referencing something that Trump just announced as a new campaign promise for his 2024 bid, etc (i.e. his recent announcement on cartels). My bad.

I don't mind normalizing relations with Cuba. Didn't bother me when Obama did it. Didn't see the benefit for Trump reversing it at the time.

Honestly, pull production from Asia (i.e. China) and either build stuff here or locally (i.e. SA/CA).
:tup:
I mentioned Cuba because apparently most of the migrants arriving on the southern border currently are Cubans. Cuba has lost more than 2% of its population since last year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:
I mentioned Cuba because apparently most of the migrants arriving on the southern border currently are Cubans. Cuba has lost more than 2% of its population since last year.
It's the catch and release stuff that gets me irritated the most. I don't mind immigration as long as its controlled...the stay in MX was fine (or at least by concept) b/c at least it gave the US a chance to process accordingly.

I don't care who comes and from where as long as its processed properly and controlled. The drug stuff coming in is a shit show and needs fixed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

This. Large scale manufacturing of consumer goods isn’t coming back to the US or Canada any time soon. No one can pay the workers what they would like/need to be paid here to keep prices where they currently are, and consumers aren’t willing to have prices rise. However, given the illegal immigration crisis, moving manufacturing to countries just south of the border and creating at least somewhat decent paying and consistent employment should help to some degree.

And as a side benefit, would damage China’s economy.

Apr 12, 2004

Again. You don't actually want to do that. You pretend to want to.

Unless you mean Central America and not California.

In any case, it would be much more costly to ship stuff out of Central and South America. There isn't nearly the infrastructure there and even at the coasts, there aren't the type of ports you would need.

The economic principle of Marginal Cost comes into play, too. If thirty companies manufacture stuff which ships out of Hong Kong or Shanghai, those thirty companies split the cost of the shipping. It's much more costly to roll production as a single entity. Supply Chain Logistics are an extremely fickle thing.

Also, to be clear, I'm all for your suggestion, I am just trying to indicate some of the hurdles. If you pulled all the production out of China, who is to say the hundreds of millions or billions of dollars sitting in Chinese banks aren't frozen? It's an autocracy. It's also a HUGE market. China could say, "No more Apple products allowed in the Country." Then the stock price drops 35% over night. You might not care about that, but Big Business Republicans do, and that's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Port of Rio:

1673039224139.png

Port of Shanghai:

1673039261069.png

- - - Updated - - -

It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and aircraft carriers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Again. You don't actually want to do that. You pretend to want to.

Unless you mean Central America and not California.

In any case, it would be much more costly to ship stuff out of Central and South America. There isn't nearly the infrastructure there and even at the coasts, there aren't the type of ports you would need.

The economic principle of Marginal Cost comes into play, too. If thirty companies manufacture stuff which ships out of Hong Kong or Shanghai, those thirty companies split the cost of the shipping. It's much more costly to roll production as a single entity. Supply Chain Logistics are an extremely fickle thing.

Also, to be clear, I'm all for your suggestion, I am just trying to indicate some of the hurdles. If you pulled all the production out of China, who is to say the hundreds of millions or billions of dollars sitting in Chinese banks aren't frozen? It's an autocracy. It's also a HUGE market. China could say, "No more Apple products allowed in the Country." Then the stock price drops 35% over night. You might not care about that, but Big Business Republicans do, and that's your answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Port of Rio:

1673039224139.png

Port of Shanghai:

1673039261069.png

- - - Updated - - -

It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and aircraft carriers.
SA/CA - south/Central America. Anything but china and I’m not pretending

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Link me

- - - Updated - - -

lol handwork from who? same people that ram through an omnibus bill with no time to read what's in it? Those people?

- - - Updated - - -

Immigration doesn't have to be complex.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say I like Trump saying cartels are combatants. Again, not rocket science. Smoke those fuckers.
I was poking fun at your viewpoint, not referring to any specific political persons or entities with my hardworking reference

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This. Large scale manufacturing of consumer goods isn’t coming back to the US or Canada any time soon. No one can pay the workers what they would like/need to be paid here to keep prices where they currently are, and consumers aren’t willing to have prices rise. However, given the illegal immigration crisis, moving manufacturing to countries just south of the border and creating at least somewhat decent paying and consistent employment should help to some degree.

I’m all for hurting china.

my argument is to boost regional economies around here as much as possible, will also help immigration. Handing those countries pallets of cash obviously isn’t helping.

fuck china

- - - Updated - - -

I was poking fun at your viewpoint, not referring to any specific political persons or entities with my hardworking reference
I know you were :)

- - - Updated - - -

there’s a fair amount of manufacturing in Malaysia and Vietnam as well
Apple moving to Vietnam i think. Better than china

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Mas NAFTA?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Apr 12, 2004
SA/CA - south/Central America. Anything but china and I’m not pretending
I know you aren't, and you are joking if you meant inside the United States. Without illegal labor and migrant workers, milk and orange juice would be $18 a gallon, bro. That was a 2010 or so study.

- - - Updated - - -

HUSTA*

Hust Trade Agreement

- - - Updated - - -

Just make me POTUS guys I’ll make this shit wild for everyone
You can't be President if you're a felon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 311)