'Murica! (266 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
politics is a tug of war for those swing voters in the middle no? The evangelical base will never vote blue ever.

Justices on the supreme court might be actually, genuinely ideologically opposed to abortion but will the wider GOP see going after abortion nationally as actually advantageous to them long term? Will their corporate masters see it that way?

Solely because of how incompetent and corrupt establishment Dems show themselves to be every single day, it seems like the GOP has been handed an unexpected lifeline from the old "demographics is destiny" theory that a reducing white population would prevent them from ever winning national elections again. In my mind going after abortion rights nationally is going to sever that lifeline. America is just not a pro-life country.

Anyway if the Republicans want to reduce the number of abortions in the country then why not expand publicly funded family planning services and contraception for low income areas. That would reduce the need for abortions and probably save money long term because many children that would grow up on the government dollar or potentially accumulate public costs through the criminal justice system would never be born.
it makes no sense to me neither.

there’s a couple reasons I think could be the cause.

1.divert attention from something else. Probably the insurrection hearings going on, timing is perfect for that.

2. long term plan of keeping poor poorer. It’s hard to move up when you’re spending all your time and resources on kids, especially if you don’t want them. And those kids aren’t going anywhere good, probably reduced to minimum wage jobs and for profit prison

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
politics is a tug of war for those swing voters in the middle no? The evangelical base will never vote blue ever.

Justices on the supreme court might be actually, genuinely ideologically opposed to abortion but will the wider GOP see going after abortion nationally as actually advantageous to them long term? Will their corporate masters see it that way?

Solely because of how incompetent and corrupt establishment Dems show themselves to be every single day, it seems like the GOP has been handed an unexpected lifeline from the old "demographics is destiny" theory that a reducing white population would prevent them from ever winning national elections again. In my mind going after abortion rights nationally is going to sever that lifeline. America is just not a pro-life country.

Anyway if the Republicans want to reduce the number of abortions in the country then why not expand publicly funded family planning services and contraception for low income areas. That would reduce the need for abortions and probably save money long term because many children that would grow up on the government dollar or potentially accumulate public costs through the criminal justice system would never be born.
Republicans used the abortion issue to fundraise for years. “Murdering babies” is an unforgivable sin to a sizable minority. That’s why I think they’ll try to go national. I mean you can’t call abortion murder and then see it as a states rights issue at the same time.
While winning national elections is a tug of war to win independents, as you described it, winning house elections is not. Most house districts are not really competitive, and you’re in if you win the primary. That’s where you most want the ideological voters to show up. Dems do not have such a dynamic in their coalition. Although senate elections are more competitive because of being statewide, the composition of the senate gives GOP a natural advantage. So again you really want your core voters to vote for you on the primaries.
Oh that “demography is destiny” is obviously bs now. Republicans are gaining massively among latinos. They flipped a house seat in Texas Rio Grande Valley just recently. If anything is destiny is that corporate dems are going to go down pretty hard in next 20 years.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
it makes no sense to me neither.

there’s a couple reasons I think could be the cause.

1.divert attention from something else. Probably the insurrection hearings going on, timing is perfect for that.

2. long term plan of keeping poor poorer. It’s hard to move up when you’re spending all your time and resources on kids, especially if you don’t want them. And those kids aren’t going anywhere good, probably reduced to minimum wage jobs and for profit prison
You don’t want your maid and nanny to start asking for a living wage, so you need to breed them for that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol what, it's like tuz adding a year to players age, 2*12=24, there's no specific data from CDC on 24 weeks so i presented you data they have which is post 21 weeks, close enough. Feel free to pick a number of doctor assisted homicides you can live with and that falls within your silly premise of "it doesn't happen, ever."
I suggest you look this up.

You may be surprised.

I will also add that viability is usually set at around 24 weeks, so no by no means is 21 'close enough'.

Your arrogance is unmerited.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You said never, burden of proof is on you to determine theres no abortion past the 24 week mark, which there is anyway, so you can stop your sleazy lawyering.
This isn't lawyering.

This is simply how it works. Your claim was that late stage terminations were a substantial problem.

That a patient with a fully viable fetus could walk into a hospital and they'd abort a baby that could likely breathe and live on its own without any disability.

This does not happen. Ever.

This is why you're not finding any data about it.

We can debate about abortion as a moral concept, but the least we can do is be intellectually honest.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This isn't lawyering.

This is simply how it works. Your claim was that late stage terminations were a substantial problem.

That a patient with a fully viable fetus could walk into a hospital and they'd abort a baby that could likely breathe and live on its own without any disability.

This does not happen. Ever.

This is why you're not finding any data about it.

We can debate about abortion as a moral concept, but the least we can do is be intellectually honest.

:lol: do you understand basic logic? If theres 10000 instances 21 weeks up, all of them could be past 24, that's data. You say it never happens, prove it.
Also the data exists only past 20 weeks because that's WHO guidelines, babies viable after 20 weeks. Lucky for you to get s much schooling for free.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
do you understand basic logic? If theres 10000 instances 21 weeks up, all of them could be past 24, that's data. You say it never happens, prove it.
Also the data exists only past 20 weeks because that's WHO guidelines, babies viable after 20 weeks. Lucky for you to get s much schooling for free.
Or, you know, zero.

What you are saying makes no sense at all.

And again I suggest you look up if a fetus at 20 weeks is thought of as viable.

You may, again, be surprised.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Women these days get upset when you kill an insect instead of throwing it outside but they don't show any concern or remorse when it comes to aborting a human fetus.
This I don't understand. Especially since most women who have had abortions that I know say it was an horribly difficult decision and still haunts them, even if they would not choose differently today under the same circumstances.

You can say that you don't like dead fetuses, even if you can't carry one yourself, without having to resort to presuming women who get them think it's just a Botox injection.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Legitimate as data is sketchy, but the point being imho at no point is it justifiable to have a no cause 3rd trimester abortion, so in my view even if it is 1 that's one too many. I am not against abortions, i think for the most part it is the best option in many scenarios. But that doesn't preclude a time limit after which that's just sanctioned murder.
I only just read this.

I'm against 3d trimester abortions without medical cause as well btw.

The reason I'm saying doctors don't do this, is because it will inevitably feel like murder for pretty much anyone. At that point a fully grown baby is coming out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 256)