'Murica! (359 Viewers)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Health care is a complete joke here in the US. We have the best nurses, physicians, researchers, and hospitals but what's the use if they are not accessible to the masses.
Insurance, ambulance chasers, and greedy middlemen, who have no medical background, have ruined everything. Whatever was left was ruined by the Democrats and Republicans squabbling with each other just to score a petty point.

- - - Updated - - -

We have money to send overseas but not for our dilapidated infrastructure and healthcare.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Eh. You could work hard your whole life and only just get by. You could be the hardest worker, pulling 12 hour shifts everyday but unless some hiring manager decides to take a chance on you for example, then you get nowhere.
hard and smart. I know so many immigrants who came here in their mid to late 20s, worked service jobs and have saved 6 figures. Tbf that’s also in NYC but you gotta make the most of your opportunities. Can’t say that for any other country as far as I know

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
hard and smart. I know so many immigrants who came here in their mid to late 20s, worked service jobs and have saved 6 figures. Tbf that’s also in NYC but you gotta make the most of your opportunities. Can’t say that for any other country as far as I know
People do it here, North of the border all the time. Service industry is the exact same here.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Health care is a complete joke here in the US. We have the best nurses, physicians, researchers, and hospitals but what's the use if they are not accessible to the masses.
Insurance, ambulance chasers, and greedy middlemen, who have no medical background, have ruined everything. Whatever was left was ruined by the Democrats and Republicans squabbling with each other just to score a petty point.

- - - Updated - - -

We have money to send overseas but not for our dilapidated infrastructure and healthcare.
The government already spends a shit ton on healthcare, with nothing to show for it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
People do it here, North of the border all the time. Service industry is the exact same here.
yeah I can see that. That’s why people consider Canada our little brother :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Murica ladies and gents, where lobbying is more important than the people you represent

5668D5C5-CCB0-43D2-A3B7-2C1C4E2BB856.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Another shooting in Tulsa

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's fine, Ted Cruz will say some prayers and we'll just repeat this whole cycle again next month or so when some other retarded bitch pops up. Problem solved, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

One mass shooting will always triggers others in this country. It spreads like a disease for a while until for some reason it goes dormant for a bit, then reemerges and the cycle starts again.

alaska

May 25, 2013
I always heard Canadians don't tip though

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I can see that. That’s why people consider Canada our little brother :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Murica ladies and gents, where lobbying is more important than the people you represent

5668D5C5-CCB0-43D2-A3B7-2C1C4E2BB856.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Jim Jordan is a fool, but the "price gouging" thing is largely a myth. O&G industry is both more complicated, and simpler, than many realize. So many bad takes by politicians and talking heads about why price of gas is high lately.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I always heard Canadians don't tip though

- - - Updated - - -

Jim Jordan is a fool, but the "price gouging" thing is largely a myth. O&G industry is both more complicated, and simpler, than many realize. So many bad takes by politicians and talking heads about why price of gas is high lately.
Nah. Servers here have a little aneurysm if you don’t tip 20%. Shit servers even expect minimum 15%. One of the more entitled groups in the workforce. I’m all for tipping well for good service, but when people want you to tip for crap service it’s too funny.

alaska

May 25, 2013
Nah. Servers here have a little aneurysm if you don’t tip 20%. Shit servers even expect minimum 15%. One of the more entitled groups in the workforce. I’m all for tipping well for good service, but when people want you to tip for crap service it’s too funny.
Went to a cafe last summer with a tablet tip screen, and the options (left to right on the screen, so the opposite way from normal) were: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%. This is for a simple sandwich that they brought to the table, water was self service, no further service after bringing the food. Hipstery place though, you know they felt they earned it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Went to a cafe last summer with a tablet tip screen, and the options (left to right on the screen, so the opposite way from normal) were: 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%. This is for a simple sandwich that they brought to the table, water was self service, no further service after bringing the food. Hipstery place though, you know they felt they earned it.
hate that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Almist every retired footballer dreams about settling down in the US lol
And they spend half their time - if not more - in Europe.

If you look at Italian and Spanish former players, a lot of them say they want their children to learn English. And while schools in both Italy and Spain are definitely decent I don't think they reach the same level in some areas as they do in Northern Europe (English being one of them) or as private schools in the US.

It doesn't really say anything about which place is the best to live, let alone for the general population.

- - - Updated - - -

The world has changed but man hasn't, the adage goes we are 9 meals away from total chaos. As i said US and the idea behind it is not for everyone and i rather worship a document drafted by experience, accumulation of western thought, and liberty than the ramblings of a tenured jagoff whose limp existence gets off on shitting on his historic betters.

This is based on what?
There are a great number of things I find absolutely fantastic about the US and I can see why anyone, not in the least its citizens, would be enamored with the country.

That being said I do believe Western Europe is a much easier place to grow up in and it provides just about any opportunity you might have in the US. Social mobility is probably even higher, because education is pretty much free here.

But if I had to pick where I was born, it would definitely be either in the US or in a couple of countries from Western Europe.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, but that doesn't really change my last sentence. There are still some elements beyond your control. Conversely there are plenty of retards out there making good money on shit like Onlyfans or that just bought and sold dogecoin at the right time for example.
yeah luck plays a factor but that doesn’t negate the fact that in the US it is much much easier for the average and even uneducated folk to make a lot of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 348)