Mozilla Firefox or Opera, choose your browser. (5 Viewers)

I use...

• I'm awesome like icεmαή, Sheik and V so I use Opera

• I'm a geek like Martin and JCK so I use Mozilla Firefox

• I like following trends, so I use Chrome

• I suck. So I use IE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
hrmmm okay, i just realised from installing other themes that jars are the key thingamo... btw i'm glad I don't have to have third party programs for popup killer and IE themes :D More precious resources :extatic:

:geek::geek::geek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
one thing i didn't like in mozilla is copying a pic from the browser.
i guess u can't copy the pic from the page and paste it.u have to download it somewhere .or am wrong??

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #67
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    one thing i didn't like in mozilla is copying a pic from the browser.
    i guess u can't copy the pic from the page and paste it.u have to download it somewhere .or am wrong??
    yes, that's probably true. I've never copied a pic in that manner in IE myself so it doesn't bother me.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    for example in this page i want to copy your avatar.if you click right click of mouse on the pic in the pic there is no (copy)like it was in IE.
    so i have to download it somewhere then copy it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Ahh I see...hmm that may actually become annoying at some stage...

If you select an image so that it's highlighted blue or whatever, and copy it you can't paste it into a graphics program, BUT you're able to paste it into a word-document. That's a bit weird :confused:. It seems to copy it in a special format to the clipboard, that allows a mixture of pictures and text, which is useful if u wanna copy whole pages.

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135300

Hopefully copying images will eventually be implemented, but it hasn't as of yet. Bug 135300 is currently shown as targeted for 1.4B, but...

I hope it happens soon, because I personally used this feature in IE plenty...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    :embarass::D

But dammit, you gave me another program to follow the progress of for patches/updates :rolleyes:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Man, I can't believe I haven't been using tabbed browsing the whole time! It's so intuitive (ctrl+tab and shift+ctrl+tab were discovered in seconds :p) and cleans up my taskbar so much, especially when i haven't visited this forum in over a day...

Though I do wish I could open a new tab directly from a bookmark :undecide:

Also, I found a great use for the ' function (search for links as I type)... if i want to navigate to a certain page in the forum, I simply press ' , 2, enter (if i want the second page). Schweeeeeeet :extatic:

EDIT: OMG IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER... BOOKMARK KEYWORDS :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #73
    *sipping champagne at his ultimate victory* :LOL:

You know gray, it's the small things that really make you feel at home for me, because I notice them. But if I had included them in the review, I would have missed half of them, it would have been 5x as long and noone would have bothered to read the whole thing. :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    *sipping champagne at his ultimate victory* :LOL:
    What, in turning me from the dark side? :p

You know gray, it's the small things that really make you feel at home for me, because I notice them. But if I had included them in the review, I would have missed half of them, it would have been 5x as long and noone would have bothered to read the whole thing. :D
    Agreed, I think the ground-breaking stuff makes u feel less comfortable if anything, since u feel the obligation to use them, and they're awkward and unfamiliar. I love the little things about Moz because I don't need any specific knowledge to use them, they just make my daily tasks a lot easier :thumb:

True about the length thing, nobody would have read it and I probably wouldn't have ended up using the thing :eek::eek::eek:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #77
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    i have another question.how can i deletea bookmark?
    From the Bookmarks menu choose Manage bookmarks or simply press Ctrl+B. From there you can add, move, edit, delete bookmarks.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh cmoooooon give it more of a chance. IE's got nothing that Mozilla doesn't, and what part of IE is simpler!??! :eek:

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

Damn non-geeks who don't appreciate quality software :geek::geek::geek:

I've got all my bookmarks reduced to four or five letter shortcuts... if I type "active" in my address bar, it takes me to the Active Threads for the day in this forum. The possibilities are endless! You can type "how many englishmen have played for juventus" in your address bar, simply press down then enter, and it does a google search for you!

How is IE better in any way?!!?

:scared:

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

From the Bookmarks menu choose Manage bookmarks or simply press Ctrl+B. From there you can add, move, edit, delete bookmarks.
    done tnx:)
    but about the previous question.i didn't understand anything from gray.about copying pix..

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Oh cmoooooon give it more of a chance. IE's got nothing that Mozilla doesn't, and what part of IE is simpler!??! :eek:

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

Damn non-geeks who don't appreciate quality software :geek::geek::geek:

I've got all my bookmarks reduced to four or five letter shortcuts... if I type "active" in my address bar, it takes me to the Active Threads for the day in this forum. The possibilities are endless! You can type "how many englishmen have played for juventus" in your address bar, simply press down then enter, and it does a google search for you!

How is IE better in any way?!!?

:scared:
    I don't know, I've only tried Mozilla for five or ten minutes. It is pretty hard to judge, but I don't see what I need a new explorer for.
    I tried it for a few minutes again but it is not...
    ...it doesn't look as good. But it has two advantages: I won't get these pop-ups and I can save images in other formats than .BMP.
    That is not good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)