Mozart (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
To be honest I see Mozart as a better fit to Capello's Juventus than Pizarro. The latter is not as good defensively and doesn't always get stuck in like Mozart in the center of the pitch. For Capello, I think Mozart would be the better choice.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
But Mozart isn't as creative as Pizarro.Defensively we could have Emerson fully devote himself to shielding the backline if necessary, it doesn't matter if his partner isn't as good a defensive midfielder.We've all seen how good Emerson can be when he has a DM behind him a la Dacourt, but as it is the options on the market are more attacking ones.Even Mozart is more of a CM than a DM.If we want someone to distribute the ball and help out in attack Pizarro would be a better fit than Mozart.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
First of all, for Capello, Mozart would be the best option because he can do his fair share of defending, while Pizarro is not as solid in that department. We all know Capello favors players who can do it all in midfield, not just excel in the attacking part of the game.

Second of all, Mozart is basically a holding midfielder who can always find the open player and complete the pass, so he is a player who can help us distribute the ball rather nicely. Like I said time and time again Mozart rarely gives the ball away, and is just as good if not better than Pizarro in this respect.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Mozart is not even close to Emerson's style. IMO
Mozart is more of a Pirlo type player. He not blazing fast but knows were to position himself. He rarely makes a bad pass and as great vision. Emerson is a grinder, a hard tackler and nobody passes him. You can say that Giannichedda is closer to his style. Mozart takes the ball, looks to the left, looks to the right and takes the better option to pass the ball. To rest Emerson I'd play Giannichedda for a couple of games to rest Emo.
I hope we won't have to rely on Giannichedda only if Emerson is injuried next season (smthg that I can see happening with that confederations cup).

I agree with the defensive side. Gianni could cover that part, but I doubt of his abilities to start an attack. That cutting pass on the right to Camo, on the left to Neddy, or a through ball to Zlatan,... and that's were Mozart could come in.
Let's be honest, our central midfield relied on Emerson for 75% of the work. Blasi is a hard worker, but proved to be unsufficient, Appiah had some good games, but still lacks consistency, and Tacchi.... didn't notice him this season.
If emo is out for a long period, we should be covered by Gianni for the defensive job, and Mozart to start our attacks. Appiah would be a good sub, Blasi goes to Roma in a super-exchange deal, and Tacchi.... no clue

And while we're at it: the last declaration of Mozart:

Mozart: "La Juve sarebbe il massimo"
26 06 2005

Il centrocampista della Reggina, Mozart, è sempre più vicino alla Juve. Lo stesso brasiliano aspetta con ansia il passaggio in bianconero: "La Juve? Io aspetto. Per me sarebbe il massimo. La Juve sarebbe un premio alla carriera che potrebbe regalarmi anche la Nazionale. ".

Juve would be the best. I hope for it, it would be a step forward for my carrer and possibly towards the national team

and a Gazzetta article on the matter:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadra/Juventus/primipiani/2005/06/25emerson.shtml

Jul 28, 2002
personaly mozart will do..but the ideal option would have been someone of the calibre of say Pedretti. This guy can do it all, but he also dictates the play in midfield.

Regarding emo and his roma days, Dacourt from my memeory was a defensive midifelder with high technical abilites similar to mozart and co...emo and the "next one" will imo have to be able to do both to a high standard, thus allwoing each other to have more freedom both passing and defensively.

Jun 29, 2005
I'm not so sure about Mozart. I have a bad feeling about how he can turn out to be just like appiah or blasi, who were impressive on their previous club, but failed to shine on Juve.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
IMO Pizarro is a prooven solution,
Mozart isnt,
but if Pizarro's price is much higher, we sould then prefere Mozart,
because their dif as a players isnt that big,

i believe the Maresca deal, now temp freezed the need and the talks on Mozart, i hope we can get rid of Blasi/Appiah/Maresca/Mozart/Pizarro thoughts and sign Vieira,
i believe we can now, if we really want to

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Appiah is close to Boro, as Moggi is negotiating his transfer with the English club representatives. Boro is ready to offer 4.5m, but Moggi insists on 7m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)