Movies you've seen recently... (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Valkyrie was fairly boring, to be honest. There's only so much Nazism that can be exploited in motion pictures, and I think it has pretty much run its course finally. Nowadays this stuff is more propaganda than anything useful to deter such crimes against humanity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
saw transformers, absolutely terrible cringeworthy story, i mean, common!!!! i don't expect an oscar winning script but this played out as if an 8 year old had wrote it, special effects were amazing and fight scenes were awesome, but was not a great film at all

terminator salvation, decent action film but not a great terminator film, hardly any suspense, and bale was not very good, his generic "rough" voice sounds forced and un natural, sotry had some good twists, but overall just another action film with no heart or soul

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Saw The Hangover, didn't go in expecting much but thought it was pretty good. Funny with some great characters, its like a much much much better Dude Where's My Car?

Its not quite as good as e.g. Old School or Superbad, but still worth checking out.

In Scotland they're bams.
They're Neds where I come from!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jew III: The Muslim. Good stuff. A little bit more action and insults this time and that's what I like in a movie. I really didn't think they could make a good movie again. Jew I was awesome of course, but Jew II: The Christian sucked donkey balls.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have to stop watching historical movies. Saw Persepolis last week cause people here said good things about it and it got me all depressed. Just finished watching Katyn and again I got depressed.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Watched some movies over the weekend:

Terminator Salvation - I was rather disappointed with this one. Sure, there were some nice action scenes & fx, but after the first 30 min. everything became quite boring. The movie also didn't feel like a Terminator- movie, they might as well have called it Transformers. A lot of small mistakes and a shitload of clichés too. It's probably best not to go into any details about the acting, let's just say this isn't exactly Bale's finest moment.

Big Daddy - Cute movie, cute kid(s). Some funny moments, just a little "sweet" at times.

Changeling - Decent movie, but nothing special. It never gets boring, but it also never really grips you. I don't know what to make of Jolie's performance. One minute she was great and credible, the next minute I felt she was hamming it up.

Furnace - Absolute crap, avoid at all costs.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
This is exactly the privilege of historical/biographical movies IMO. One movie gets more challenging when you're aware of it being real.
Well it's like your signature says. It's one thing to see a movie about ancient Rome or something, but when it's so close it's different. World War 2 didn't happen in my lifetime, but similar struggles had been happening for hundreds of years in that same territory. The way I see it's pretty much a coincidence that I've never lived through a war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)