Movies you've seen recently... (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Battle In Seattle

Written and Directed by Irish actor Stuart Townsend, Battle In Seattle is a portrait of the 1999 WTO trade talks in Seattle, Washington. It covers five days in the end of November that literally changed the world. The peace talks were stalled by peaceful protesters and eventually forced to collapse as many of the developing countries witnessed through the chaos the fact that WTO had no interest in their needs.

The peaceful demonstration quickly turned into an all out riot as police and government officials were caught off guard as to the power and creativity of the protests and forced to use violent means. Townsend tells the story through the eyes of police officers, a non-violent group of protesters, the media, politicians, and regular people capturing each viewpoint and not being particularly biased though one does obviously feel for the protesters.

This is probably the best movie of 2008 but you'll never hear about it. It comes in the mold of The Painted Vale and Garden State, a couple of small studio movies which were largely ignored by mainstream studios and the Academy. The cast includes Ray Liotta, Charlize Theron, Martin Henderson, Channing Tatum, Michelle Rodriguez, Woody Harrelson and a great cameo appearance by Joshua Jackson.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone interested in good film.

Trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/battleinseattle/

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
don't watch angels and demons

just read the book
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is definitely worse. Utter shite and a disgrace that he made so much money of it. The Da Vinci Code was extremely poor as well, but this one is plain retarded.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
it could've been soooooo much better to be honest ahmed. i watched it a long while ago and thought it was ok not a movie i would watch for a second time.

i should be watching L'Albero degli Zoccoli ze recommended it so i'm quite looking forward to it. ( toke 3 days to download Egyptian dsl :andyandbarcelona: )

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I saw Rules of Attraction, which I'm guessing is required viewing in college these days. But it's a good movie with some brilliant scenes and a good soundtrack to boot. I mean, you've got The Wonder Years' drugged-out Fred Savage talking about his dick, and the best scenes of all from Dick himself (played by Russell Sams).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I saw Rules of Attraction, which I'm guessing is required viewing in college these days. But it's a good movie with some brilliant scenes and a good soundtrack to boot. I mean, you've got The Wonder Years' drugged-out Fred Savage talking about his dick, and the best scenes of all from Dick himself (played by Russell Sams).
Solid film. Though, kind of a let down. Billed to be so much more than it was. Hip young talented cast, young hip director, supposedly answering the call of a new generation, just doesn't hit all the marks.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Crash and Play Misty For Me :tup:
Love that movie. One of my favorite Eastwood films.
That has been on my short list for a long time. I end up going away for weekends in Carmel/Big Sur nearby at least once every 3-4 months (it's one of my favorite getaways around here), and I can't believe I haven't seen that movie yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)