Movies you've seen recently... (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I just saw 12 Angry Men for the first time. It's superb.

Any Iranians on here interested in commenting on Persepolis?

Herzog's remake of Nosferatu is bat-shit insane.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Any Iranians on here interested in commenting on Persepolis?
One of the most accurate and unbiased movies ever made about Iran's Islamic Revolution. Iran's revolution didn't start by the Mullahs. All of the Iranians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Shiites, Sunnis, communists, everyone took part in it but when Mullahs took the power people started to hate them. Persepolis is the story of a girl who's grown throughout that time. The movie is sharp-witted and honest. I might seem a bit biased but Persepolis is my favorite movie of 2007.

I just saw 12 Angry Men for the first time. It's superb.
The plot, the screenplay, the acts and Sidney Lumet at their bests.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good choice. Some loved Sin City, but it irritated the crap out of me.

Kind of like your roommate's 4-day-old Taco Bell left around the house. :pado:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
One of the most accurate and unbiased movies ever made about Iran's Islamic Revolution. Iran's revolution didn't start by the Mullahs. All of the Iranians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Shiites, Sunnis, communists, everyone took part in it but when Mullahs took the power people started to hate them. Persepolis is the story of a girl who's grown throughout that time. The movie is sharp-witted and honest. I might seem a bit biased but Persepolis is my favorite movie of 2007.
Cheers. I liked the movie, but wanted to see if it's a fair depiction of Iran's recent history - the girl's parents were unambiguously subversive, and I wondered if that warped her opinion of the place.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003

I should see it, really enjoyed the original band déssinée. glad to hear that the movie was good as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)