Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ĵџvє_вãвγ;1858475 said:
Unforgiven yeah i liked it but not as much as my father ..***..
I like the last scene a lot. It's basically the pressure cooker of his character releasing everything he's been holding in for the entire film. He turns from being a somewhat mild-mannered father who doesn't want to relive his nefarious past figuring out he really has nothing to loose and becomes a monster. Just like that. :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I like the last scene a lot. It's basically the pressure cooker of his character releasing everything he's been holding in for the entire film. He turns from being a somewhat mild-mannered father who doesn't want to relive his nefarious past figuring out he really has nothing to loose and becomes a monster. Just like that. :D
I've always preferred to read that scene as meaning that whisky gives him superpowers.

Anyway, it's not that he has nothing to loose. It's not that he's a monster either - he was, but he genuinely isn't. He could have left with the kid and the money. Or just with the money. He didn't. He got mad, and he revenged his friend. And then, spent, he left to raise his children. This is the point. The film is about deep shades of grey in classic western charactors. There are no monsters, just men.

I love that film.

*EDIT: I thought we had spoiler tags?

Jan 7, 2004
Caramel - a Lebanese movie about hot and sexy arab women who try to cope with religious persecution. i didnt know one movie could incorporate lesbians and the ignorance of religion. what more can you ask for

spoiler - they end up being happy simply because they don't know how much better it could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)