Movies you've seen recently... (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
i just saw Gran Torino and its :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Eastwood does a great job (the only let down is that he does the Christian Bale Batman voice throughout the movie). Well written, scripted, casted and produced.

I strongly recommend this to everyone
I'm thinking that's his actual voice now. Good film. People are talking about him as a possible best actor oscar.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Saw the Lawless, the actual story behind the film would be great if the actors were any good. The actual film was quite shite, but the plot was good

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I think it's got a lock on the Oscar for alliteration this year.
It's got some so so reviews from critics and it also left empty-handed in Golden Globe so I don't see it winning any major achievements in Oscar.

I'm thinking that's his actual voice now. Good film. People are talking about him as a possible best actor oscar.
I hope not. Mickey Rourke is the man :D

I tried watching it 3 times and gave up after the first 15 minutes. It seems so childish....is it?
thats because its a kids movie dude

pixar has always made kids movies. but nonetheless its my fav pixar production
I beg to differ. Wall-E may apparently be made for kids but it sure goes beyond that. You even can compare it to the 2001 Space Odysseys in some aspects and this means that the film doesn't merely aim at kids. Not to mention that it's got the potential to be nominated for the best picture (not only the best animation) Academy Award which is a stately achievement for an animation.

Vlat, I highly recommend you to overcome the first 15-20 minutes which may have a slow rhythm and then I guarantee that you will find Wall-E very impressive.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Heat (1995), with Pacino and De Niro. It has a high IMDB rating, but I thought it was average.

I didn't find it suspenseful at all. There was nothing clever about any of their heists and the sub-plots were boring and pointless. Pacino overacted again as well.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ve just watched, "body of lies", it is an interesting film, but kind of over-rated though, i dont know why, but almost every movie Di Caprio stars tend to be over-rated.
The cast and the production were brilliant, but i ve expected to see smth i havent seen before. Smth equivalent of its budget...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I ve just watched, "body of lies", it is an interesting film, but kind of over-rated though, i dont know why, but almost every movie Di Caprio stars tend to be over-rated.
The cast and the production were brilliant, but i ve expected to see smth i havent seen before. Smth equivalent of its budget...
That actor who plays the Arab Intelligence guy is awesome tho.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I watched Appaloosa last night.

I thought it was brilliant. Ed Harris should direct more often, he is so talented. Viggo Mortenson was great in a supporting role and Jeremy Irons was his usual awesome self. It has an older generation feel, a kind of John Wayne masculinity you don't see in films today. Two lawmen bound by trust and years spent watching out for one another. They struggle to find a peace in the world doing the only thing they're good at. Except the thing they're good at is killing. As they progress through the movie one begins to realize that even though they're survival is paramount on them relying on each other, the only way they can find the peace they're searching for is to perhaps find it alone.

The only casting role I didn't like was the female lead, that goddamn Renee Zellwegger thinks because she was ok in Jerry McGuire she can go around with her pinch face and try to mess up any movie she feels like.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The only casting role I didn't like was the female lead, that goddamn Renee Zellwegger thinks because she was ok in Jerry McGuire she can go around with her pinch face and try to mess up any movie she feels like.
I've never gotten Zellwegger. She's not that pretty and she's never done any acting that really impressed me. Granted, there's a paucity of good roles for women, and I haven't seen Cold Mountain (she won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress), but still, I don't get it. Do women like her? Is that what she brings to a movie?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I beg to differ. Wall-E may apparently be made for kids but it sure goes beyond that. You even can compare it to the 2001 Space Odysseys in some aspects and this means that the film doesn't merely aim at kids. Not to mention that it's got the potential to be nominated for the best picture (not only the best animation) Academy Award which is a stately achievement for an animation.

Vlat, I highly recommend you to overcome the first 15-20 minutes which may have a slow rhythm and then I guarantee that you will find Wall-E very impressive.
it was rated 'G' meaning for general audiences which means for kids+parents

you can get high and watch it and come up with your own interpretations but its a disney production thus targeting kids demographic

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've never gotten Zellwegger. She's not that pretty and she's never done any acting that really impressed me. Granted, there's a paucity of good roles for women, and I haven't seen Cold Mountain (she won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress), but still, I don't get it. Do women like her? Is that what she brings to a movie?
I didn't really like her in Cold Mountain, she wasn't terrible but not what you think one would get out of an actress of her stature. I get what you're saying, I don't really see what she brings to the table either. Though I will say she was good in Leatherheads, but I attribute that performance George Clooney's direction.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i agree, i don't know what makes ppl like her so much or keeps her getting roles but apparently she is one of the best actresses of this generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)