Movies you've seen recently... (107 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i don't understand why you guys rate 'Fight Club' so high. i found it to be a good movie at best but nothing revolutionary or so great that it makes my pants go crazy in ways that a woman would be rendered useless as some of you allude to
It's basically the panultimate movie describing the angst felt by that generation of young American males trying to escape the cocoon of suburbia. These young men were raised in a tamponian society in which they were constantly emasculated not by their mothers or sisters but by the protection that the apathetic suburban society of the eighties and nineties unneccesarily garnished upon them. This message of bursting out of the self imposed mold of whoosiedem was seen as the epiphany of the generation with a hugely wide demographic which explains the popularity.

Simply put, it is a movie for suburban males who have mommy issues.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It's basically the panultimate movie describing the angst felt by that generation of young American males trying to escape the cocoon of suburbia. These young men were raised in a tamponian society in which they were constantly emasculated not by their mothers or sisters but by the protection that the apathetic suburban society of the eighties and nineties unneccesarily garnished upon them. This message of bursting out of the self imposed mold of whoosiedem was seen as the epiphany of the generation with a hugely wide demographic which explains the popularity.

this is why i voted for you as the best poster on this forum

i still don't like the movie though :p

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005

Awesome! :lol:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i don't understand why you guys rate 'Fight Club' so high. i found it to be a good movie at best but nothing revolutionary or so great that it makes my pants go crazy in ways that a woman would be rendered useless as some of you allude to
i was gonna put ina whole speal until i seen this...........

:eyebrows: i think i love you

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Funny i dont see you as the suburban mommy boy type.:D
who me? nah not at all but the film struck a chord with me with the anarchism and the way it hit out at the way consumerism has shaped the lives we lead nowadays, the way we are all striving to be immaculate posterboys because we are told that THIS is what we should be striving for.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I wouldn't call it a pile of shit, its more like a small one which you aren't sure whether its shit or a pebble, so you call your dumbass friends to come pick it up so you can confirm whether it was shit or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)