Movies you've seen recently... (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
How To Lose Friends And Alienate People - decent movie, but I think it didn't reach his full potential. Simon Pegg should be great for these kind of roles, but something just didn't feel right & Megan Fox annoyed the hell out of me. Thank God for Jeff Bridges (who's always watchable) & to a lesser extent Kirsten Dunst.

A Guy Thing - typical, predictable, run of the mill romantic comedy. Most, if not all, jokes fell flat. Luckily it was somewhat saved by the decent central performances.

Natural Born Killers - it's probably been at least 5 years since I last saw it. Definitely a case of style over substance. Not really a great movie, but definitely very enjoyable. The highlight being Tommy Lee Jones going deliciously over the top.

Jul 10, 2006
How To Lose Friends And Alienate People - decent movie, but I think it didn't reach his full potential. Simon Pegg should be great for these kind of roles, but something just didn't feel right & Megan Fox annoyed the hell out of me. Thank God for Jeff Bridges (who's always watchable) & to a lesser extent Kirsten Dunst.
I liked that movie, especially when Pegg got drunk at the 4th of July party. lol
Natural Born Killers - it's probably been at least 5 years since I last saw it. Definitely a case of style over substance. Not really a great movie, but definitely very enjoyable. The highlight being Tommy Lee Jones going deliciously over the top.
I completely agree with you about that. Tommy Lee was great.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, especially chicks should see it, no, they've got to see it.
I might be slightly influenced by the fact that I was blazed while watching it, but I really thought it was the funniest movie I've seen this year.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Can't wait then :tup:

To quote Dr. Mark Kermode, "This film was boring, i didnt laugh and it had the opportunity to be so much more than it is, there was no character chemestry and lack of a plot, the premise was clearly just 'Dude wheres my car' in Las Vegas and no further plot development happened. It could be so much more."

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
i laughed twice, at things that wernt jokes. Its like Todd Phillips took all the bad jokes he used in 'Old School' and was determined to make them funny so set them in vegas, but they still wernt funny, they have a very good publication team that managed to convince the world that this was going to be the funniest thing since sliced bread, because without that pr team this film would be nowhere and would have sunk into the oblivion of bad film making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)