Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (40 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
MV5BZGJkMDUwZWQtYTMzMS00NTg5LWE1ZTYtOTVhMDI4NGI1YjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
Shockingly bad movie.
'Gone Girl' was very bad, but I thought that was mainly due to the book, which was atrocious. Obviously, the acting didn't help, as Pike and Affleck were as good as you can expect them to be.

Anywho:
- Jeff Cronenweth wasn't working with Fincher on this one, and IMO it shows; most of the time, each scene is like a painting, but this time there is nothing remarkable about them,
- It feels like a movie that tries to encapsulate the spirit of "Day of the Jackal," but at times, it tries to be a dark comedy; IMO it does not deliver in either aspect,
- I'm a big fan of the early "Hitman" games, and I felt like I was watching a walkthrough of certain missions on YouTube; everything seemed so disjointed,
- The scene with Tilda Swinton and especially the old-as-dirt joke about the bear is icing on the cake; I felt second-hand embarrassment watching that, everything about this scene was painful, and that includes acting. Tilda Swinton was horrendous,

The scene where with Fassbender and taxi driver took me by surprise, and I liked this one a lot.
The biggest sin, though, is that it wasn't engaging in any particular way.

I can't believe I"m saying that as I'm a big fan of Fincher and truly believe "Zodiac" is the best serial-killer movie ever but everything about "The Killer" screams dollar basket bin in Wallmart.

I seen it now and agree with every word. If anything you too nice. Zero engagement watching this, disjointed from scene to scene. No pulse to the movie at all.

If this was a pilot episode for a whole TV show, I would get a slow and uneventful build up of an hour and half. But a whole stand alone movie? Just failed to deliver completely.

Only thing decent about the movie was the soundtrack. Which is crazy since its a Fincher movie with Fassbender ffs.

Springyouth

Sep 7, 2023
I seen it now and agree with every word. If anything you too nice. Zero engagement watching this, disjointed from scene to scene. No pulse to the movie at all.

If this was a pilot episode for a whole TV show, I would get a slow and uneventful build up of an hour and half. But a whole stand alone movie? Just failed to deliver completely.

Only thing decent about the movie was the soundtrack. Which is crazy since its a Fincher movie with Fassbender ffs.
Exactly. Even the worst of Fincher and Fassbender should still be pretty amazing.

The craziest thing for me is the fact that I watched around 30 minutes of the movie and I still had no idea that it was a Fincher movie.

That is mind-blowing for me: even with the narrative being on downside Fincher would always guarantee orgasmic visuals.

Well, not this time.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The Creator was such a let down.

Interesting idea but really poor execution incredibly boring.

Also Oppenheimer. Boring. Nothing about it gave me any enjoyment. None of the kind of tension I expected from this director and story. I like Cillian Murphy but I thought he added nothing to the movie. Pretty average performance.

Terrible year for movies. The fact it will be remembered for the Barbie movie says it all.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The Creator was such a let down.

Interesting idea but really poor execution incredibly boring.

Also Oppenheimer. Boring. Nothing about it gave me any enjoyment. None of the kind of tension I expected from this director and story. I like Cillian Murphy but I thought he added nothing to the movie. Pretty average performance.

Terrible year for movies. The fact it will be remembered for the Barbie movie says it all.
Some very good foreign films though.

Zhang Yimou’s Full River Red
Matteo Garrone’s Io Capitano
Radu Jude’s Do not Expect too Much from the End of the World
Tran Anh Hung’s The Taste of Things
Jonathan Glazer’s The Zone of Interest

I’m also looking really forward to Society of the Snow

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Some very good foreign films though.

Zhang Yimou’s Full River Red
Matteo Garrone’s Io Capitano
Radu Jude’s Do not Expect too Much from the End of the World
Tran Anh Hung’s The Taste of Things
Jonathan Glazer’s The Zone of Interest

I’m also looking really forward to Society of the Snow
Thank you, I haven't seen enough food movies this year so I will definitely check these out.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
New Godzilla minus one looks like cheap CGI snooze fest. Reviews are good, but so are the standards nowdays. Won't watch. Mad max furiosa comes out 2024 and looks like to be another woke party.

Today's movies are just terrible. Movie industry ain't nothing but sequels to already made movie franchises, with some name behind them. It's all lazy.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
New Godzilla minus one looks like cheap CGI snooze fest. Reviews are good, but so are the standards nowdays. Won't watch. Mad max furiosa comes out 2024 and looks like to be another woke party.

Today's movies are just terrible. Movie industry ain't nothing but sequels to already made movie franchises, with some name behind them. It's all lazy.
A movie just came out by Scorsese with DiCaprio and De Niro. Give it a shot.

oppenheimer is supposed to be pretty good too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)