Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (21 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
"Only" :p

Looking at the trailer it starts before the Consulate with Marrie Antonine getting chopped and it covers his rise to the Emperor and focuses on his relationship with Josephine. What we don't know is when it ends but we've seen lots of snow so.... And a scene where Josephine seems mad because he dumps her which would be 1810. I suspect it covers everything.
I google
D the premise and it said rise to fame so I’m just making an assumption. Would be cool to see Waterloo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Anyone seen Astroid City?

I watched around half then gave up. Any point finishing it?

Wes Anderson hasn't made a good movie since The Grand Budapest Hotel
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Although Grand Budapest Hotel is by far my favorite film of his, and in my top 5 all time, I feel that Isle of Dogs was excellent.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Although Grand Budapest Hotel is by far my favorite film of his, and in my top 5 all time, I feel that Isle of Dogs was excellent.
Let me know what you think because as of now I've no motivation to try it again.

And yes Grand Budapest Hotel is a masterpiece.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Anyone seen Astroid City?

I watched around half then gave up. Any point finishing it?

Wes Anderson hasn't made a good movie since The Grand Budapest Hotel
Jesus this movie. I was watching it in the cinema. It was me and my gf and 2 other couples. Both of them left the theatre in the middle of the movie. I suffered through it to the end. My gf, who was of course the one who wanted to watch it because "ART", fell asleep. So I was the only one to watch it from start to finish.

Wes Anderson movies make no sense to me as a viewer. I don't understand the purpose of them for a normal movies enjoyer. I understand the thrill of taking part in them though. If I was an actor, a set maker, a script writer etc. I would probably jump at every ocasion to work for Wes Anderson. It seems so much fun FOR THE MOVIE INDUSTRY PEOPLE to make them.

But when you just watch them it's fucking lots of random scenes that make little to no sense all together. The stories give me nothing. The acting is something to watch I guess, but when it leads to nothing it makes no sense. They are movies made for the movie industry not for the people to watch.

Isle of Dog was good tbf, but it was an animation. The French Dispatch was even worse than Asteroid City.

Didn't watch Grand Budapest Hotel but I trust you guys that it is an actual good movie. I think this Wes Anderson guy at some point just decided to fuck the audience and started to make movies for himself and his buddies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Jesus this movie. I was watching it in the cinema. It was me and my gf and 2 other couples. Both of them left the theatre in the middle of the movie. I suffered through it to the end. My gf, who was of course the one who wanted to watch it because "ART", fell asleep. So I was the only one to watch it from start to finish.

Wes Anderson movies make no sense to me as a viewer. I don't understand the purpose of them for a normal movies enjoyer. I understand the thrill of taking part in them though. If I was an actor, a set maker, a script writer etc. I would probably jump at every ocasion to work for Wes Anderson. It seems so much fun FOR THE MOVIE INDUSTRY PEOPLE to make them.

But when you just watch them it's fucking lots of random scenes that make little to no sense all together. The stories give me nothing. The acting is something to watch I guess, but when it leads to nothing it makes no sense. They are movies made for the movie industry not for the people to watch.

Isle of Dog was good tbf, but it was an animation. The French Dispatch was even worse than Asteroid City.

Didn't watch Grand Budapest Hotel but I trust you guys that it is an actual good movie. I think this Wes Anderson guy at some point just decided to fuck the audience and started to make movies for himself and his buddies.

Grand Budapest Hotel is probably his last live action movie that he has done that has a consistent storyline.

And Ralph Fiennes is just, well, grand. It's as if that character was written just for him.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Grand Budapest Hotel and the Life Aquatic were actually good, entertaining, movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)