Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (46 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The Banshees of Inisherin

Favorite movie of the year.
mcdonagh might be my favorite director. banshees was great. In Bruges is one of my favorites, seven psychopaths was good, and so was three billboards.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody watched The Menu?

Highly recommended
yeah I liked it. The trailer gave away a lot of the plot though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
mcdonagh might be my favorite director. banshees was great. In Bruges is one of my favorites, seven psychopaths was good, and so was three billboards.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I liked it. The trailer gave away a lot of the plot though.
Have you seen his short film Six Shooter? The full thing is on YouTube in HD.

Was the first thing of his I've seen. Won an academy award.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Save it for a time when you can fully relax and submerge. It'a a bit of a slow burner but with great dialogue and acting.
I love this

If a movie genie showed up, pulled a gun on me and told me to choose one type of movie to remain and all others to be deleted I pick my slow burners with great dialogue and acting

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Anyone see The Whale? The movie itself was ok but Fraser really carried the fuck out of that. One of the best performances I’ve seen recently. Actually reminded me a bit of Rourke in the Wrestler, another Aronofsky movie, so probably not a coincidence.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Has anyone watched Fall(2022)?
I gonna watch it friday but before that, I wanna make sure, the movie is worth watching and not a waste of my time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Völler @Post Ironic

You guys watched any of these? Or anyone? I mentioned only the two of you because majority are fest films

MON CRIME / THE CRIME IS MINE
ALL THE BEAUTY AND THE BLOODSHEDDER
PASSFÄLSCHER / THE FORGERLOST
TRANSPORTUN
AÑO, UNA NOCHE / ONE YEAR, ONE NIGHT
CHIARA
LE OTTO MONTAGNE / THE EIGHT MOUNTAINS
DER PFAD / THE PATH
HYAKKA / A HUNDRED FLOWERS
TÁR
TIL
THIRTEEN LIVES
PLUS QUE JAMAIS / MORE THEN EVER
MODELO 77 / PRISON 77
SHAB, DAKHELI, DIVAR / BEYOND THE WALL
DER FUCHS / THE FOX
LUXEMBOURG, LUXEMBOURGREBEL

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Can't wait to see the new Hispanic series of a half-religious, half-ninja high school girl who must save the world with José, her gender-neutral best friend who will turn out to be the big bad of the show.

i enjoyed mindhunter. i get that netflix finds it expensive but at least it was quality. for all i care they can spend their funds on 10 other irrelevant series that we'll never watch

Apr 17, 2013
i enjoyed mindhunter. i get that netflix finds it expensive but at least it was quality. for all i care they can spend their funds on 10 other irrelevant series that we'll never watch
I don't know if Fincher or Netflix owns the rights of the serie? If HBO or Amazon can take over the s3 project...
With Netflix it's binge watching, it's their model to justify paying a subscription a lot of quantity and less and less quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)