Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (50 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why do people like Interstellar?
Is it because of the time warping aspect? I thought the special effects and music were great, but the story was very poor and the characters were even worse.
For movies on space travel, I definitely prefer the Martian and Moon over Gravity and Interstellar.
Yeah really just the visual effects and music for me. Story sucked but seeing it the first time in the big screen was fantastic

- - - Updated - - -

So psyched for this one. Denis Villeneuve is the best sci-fi director out there, absolutely love his aesthetic in stuff like Bladerunner 2049 and Arrival. Cast looks incredible. Chalamet, Isaac, Brolin, Skarsgaard, Bardem, etc. And this was a favourite book of mine growing up, but the two adaptations thus far have been flops.

Trailer looks fucking amazing. :tuttosport:

@CrimsonianKing @Dostoevsky @Osman @lgorTudor @X Æ A-12

@Quetzalcoatl you were asking about sci fi films, right? This one should be good.
Looks good :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Is it because of the time warping aspect? I thought the special effects and music were great, but the story was very poor and the characters were even worse.
For movies on space travel, I definitely prefer the Martian and Moon over Gravity and Interstellar.
The moment people started comparing it and even described it as a new 2001: A Space Odyssey it instantly became a fail to me. I, of course, gave it a fair chance and watched it to see if I’d change my mind. Nope. So I make your points mine.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

So psyched for this one. Denis Villeneuve is the best sci-fi director out there, absolutely love his aesthetic in stuff like Bladerunner 2049 and Arrival. Cast looks incredible. Chalamet, Isaac, Brolin, Skarsgaard, Bardem, etc. And this was a favourite book of mine growing up, but the two adaptations thus far have been flops.

@Quetzalcoatl you were asking about sci fi films, right? This one should be good.

Yeah been patiently waiting for it past year, should be the biggiest blockbuster of the year too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The moment people started comparing it and even described it as a new 2001: A Space Odyssey it instantly became a fail to me. I, of course, gave it a fair chance and watched it to see if I’d change my mind. Nope. So I make your points mine.
:dule:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
First time I watched it was in the cinema on magic mushrooms and it was fucking amazing.
Moon is one of my favourite films ever and loved the Martian but interstellar was an experience.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Easily. I liked Interstellar. It was entertaining but it wasn't great by any means.

I am not familiar with Dune. Haven't read the books or seen the original movie but Dennis Villineuve never dissapoints :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

That's my biggest "can't wait for it to come out" this year. Villenueve is probably my fav director at the moment so any movie he makes gets my total attention. The hype behind Dune is huge and I don't think he's going to fail to deliver. I still remember when Jodorowsky tried to make his, asking it to be 18h movie with Dali, Welles and Mick Jagger as actors lol. Moebius and others made a huge impact due to their insane level of creativity which later on influeced so many other movies like Star Wars etc. I expect this Dune to be pure quality. And yeah, that cast looks incredible. Timothée Chalamet and Isaac are amazing and I expect them to shine here. To make it even better, it's even Hans Zimmer behind the score. I honestly hope Covid fucking vanishes because it's going to be a crime if we skip cinema for this one.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Here too. They opened them like 3-4 days ago I think. But I'm more worried about the second, third or ninth wave. No idea what's going to happen in November-December, but hopefully nothing as I'm sick of fucking corona. I just don't want my movie to be ruined by it :(

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Here too. They opened them like 3-4 days ago I think. But I'm more worried about the second, third or ninth wave. No idea what's going to happen in November-December, but hopefully nothing as I'm sick of fucking corona. I just don't want my movie to be ruined by it :(
Yeah. We opened them in early July. Hoping case spiked due to school reopening and colder fall temps arriving don’t cause another partial lockdown of things like cinema and gyms. Fuck Covid.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

I got bored and annoyed after the 25th murph.
Nice visuals though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 48)

• K10