Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (8 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Now I semi-get it why Fincher moved on to other projects (this) when he stopped doing Mindhunter. This should be quite the treat, sudden urge to rewatch Citizen Kane after this trailer.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Finally managed to get around to Only Yesterday. About a woman going to the countryside and reminiscing about her childhood. Nothing particularly exciting happens and yet I loved every moment. Takahata is the best.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I loved that one. It was beautiful.

But yeah, he's incredible. Eventhough Grave of the Fireflies is fucking depressing it's just brilliant. The Tale of Princess Kaguya is quite different, I loved the drawing, but also great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The Tax Collector, cheesy in parts, but still worth seeing through, a gritty typical David Ayer story. Strong/compelling 2/3rds of it ( training day/end of watch type vibes), but it felt like another guy wrote the last 3rd or last half, fell off hard in quality, like they gave it to a shitty film student and said here finish this. But I saw Shia Labeouf as a convincing vatos locos, what more do I need in life? (seriously, they kinda wasted him tho, could done more with him).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)