Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (54 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So, sitting at home I managed to watch some movies recently:

Network - Been postponing this for quite some time. It's a great movie and so many great lines of frustration that were/are so much ahead of the time, that's just brilliant. It has a nostalgic feeling to it and I really enjoyed it. Great ending too. :tup:

Tokyo Story - Good. I did like the pace and the camera here. Some call it way too slow but I found it enjoyable. Kinda (still) relatable to this society.

La haine - Loved it. Crazy movie, crazy acting and a great movie about hatred and city life.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Decent at best. I expected so much more and I was bored at times. The last 1/3 of the movie saved it, otherwise I'd label it as shit.

Contagion - Enjoyable movie about the virus so it goes with the atmosphere. Kinda exaggerated but you somehow relate to it now. Nothing special, though. I did like that ending, though.

All about Eve - Good. I really liked Bette Davis performance in this one.

The Wages of Fear -
I loved it. Great movie.

Schindler's List - Re-watched it last night and it's just brilliant. One of the best movies ever made imo with a great ending.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Network - Been postponing this for quite some time. It's a great movie and so many great lines of frustration that were/are so much ahead of the time, that's just brilliant. It has a nostalgic feeling to it and I really enjoyed it. Great ending too. :tup:
I watched this for the second time last night. Highly relevant. What was true for the television age is just as true for the internet age.

So many good monologues but I love this...

I've been trying to watch more Australian flicks. Watched Shine yesterday. Was good but not what I was expecting. Don't know how Geoffery Rush won best actor. He was only in the last quarter of the film.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I watched this for the second time last night. Highly relevant. What was true for the television age is just as true for the internet age.

So many good monologues but I love this...

I've been trying to watch more Australian flicks. Watched Shine yesterday. Was good but not what I was expecting. Don't know how Geoffery Rush won best actor. He was only in the last quarter of the film.
So is that Kelly Gang movie any good? I saw a trailer and then looked for it screening for something to do midweek but it was never showing.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
So is that Kelly Gang movie any good? I saw a trailer and then looked for it screening for something to do midweek but it was never showing.
Haven't seen the new True Story of the Kelly Gang yet. It's on the list.

Ned Kelly (2003) is decent viewing. My favourite Aussie films are:

Two Hands
Chopper
The Castle
Animal Kingdom
Lantana

The Hunter with Willem Defoe is apparently highly underrated as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)