Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (100 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Joker is absolutely amazing. The best comic book movie I've seen even though it could have easily been not related to the comic books and it would be just as awesome. Phoenix needs to get an Oscar and I hope the movie will get one too (and the director).

I've seen it last Saturday and I still can't stop thinking about it. It's especially powerful for people who feel excluded in some way for sure.

Honestly it's the best movie I've seen this year (I've seen Paradise so don't jump on me) and one of the best I've seen in recent years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I watched Parasite a couple of days ago. Like I mentioned earlier, I rate Bong Joon-ho really high so I'm not surprised he made yet another great movie. Honestly though, I'm a bit surprised it won Cannes. It is good, no doubt about that, but it lacked something. What I didn't like in it was the tendency to look a lot like a Hollywood movie and as such it's weird to see it win such an award. Director wise there's a huge difference between Parasite and Memories of Murder. The latter is more Asian-like movie and I liked the atmosphere better. However, the comedy in Parasite it pretty good. Definitely worth seeing, though.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
I have already seen Joker twice in the cinema :lol3:, I think it isn't necessary to say anything. I just wait for Joaquin, Todd and the movie with their corresponding Oscars.

Looking forward to watching The Lighthouse online @Post Ironic .

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I have already seen Joker twice in the cinema :lol3:, I think it isn't necessary to say anything. I just wait for Joaquin, Todd and the movie with their corresponding Oscars.

Looking forward to watching The Lighthouse online @Post Ironic .
Yes, it is necessary ffs. Write a bigger review but without spoilers. Or with spoilers but use the option to hide it :D

AllegriGOAT

Jul 30, 2019
I watched Joker just today and while it's not a masterpiece it's great. Joaquin Phoenix absolutely killed it as the pre-Joker character and the story looking into his slow deteriotion is well written from the guy who made those shitty Hangover movies.

You're not suppose to sympthize with Phoenix character otherwise you'll be shocked later on when he start killing those who he feel wronged him. It's more a character breakdown and autopsy examination on how he became the Joker. It's very grounded with reality with none of the superhero bullshit as a graphic novel should be.

The only disappointment is the ending. This movie can still stand on it's own without shoehorning young Bruce Wayne and his parents murder. Other than that it's nearly flawless.

8/10

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Saw the Joker tonight. Didn't think it was as profound as some of you (or as controversial as critics says) but it was definitely a great movie.

The plot seemed like a bit of a rip off of Taxi Driver (that De Niro was in it makes me think they were aware and somewhat playing at that) but the execution was really what made it good. just incredibly well done to make each scene engaging and a few powerful.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Saw the Joker tonight. Didn't think it was as profound as some of you (or as controversial as critics says) but it was definitely a great movie.

The plot seemed like a bit of a rip off of Taxi Driver (that De Niro was in it makes me think they were aware and somewhat playing at that) but the execution was really what made it good. just incredibly well done to make each scene engaging and a few powerful.
I felt like it was alot like The King of Comedy also staring De Niro and directed by Martin Scorcese

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
A Matter of Life and Death - I expected it to be great but it went beyong my expectations. It's a such a great movie. Considering the year it's stunning how well it was made, how creative it was and how wonderful those shots were. Oh and I really like Michael Powell. :tup:

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
- I loved the tv show. The movie... not so much. I thought it was quite boring and rather meh.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A Matter of Life and Death - I expected it to be great but it went beyong my expectations. It's a such a great movie. Considering the year it's stunning how well it was made, how creative it was and how wonderful those shots were. Oh and I really like Michael Powell. :tup:

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie - I loved the tv show. The movie... not so much. I thought it was quite boring and rather meh.
You don’t like Emeric Pressburger though? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)