Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (28 Viewers)

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
I saw Brzezina last night. Maybe it's a bit predictable and corny, but I didn't care, it's so tender. I was touched by that constrate between the vitality of the dying brother and the grief of the brother full of life.
I really like Polish cinema. For anyone who wants to see this movie, is on YouTube.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Watched Moon, it was enjoyable but I don't know what is so novel about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Great performance by Sam Rockwell however

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I saw Brzezina last night. Maybe it's a bit predictable and corny, but I didn't care, it's so tender. I was touched by that constrate between the vitality of the dying brother and the grief of the brother full of life.
I really like Polish cinema. For anyone who wants to see this movie, is on YouTube.
Polish cinema :heart:

I think my favourite remains Wojciech Jerzy Has.

Sanatorium pod Klepsydra and Rękopis znalezioniy w Saragossie. Such fantastic films. :tuttosport:

And other great directors like Kieslowski (obviously), Zanussi, Majewski, Pawlikowski, Zulawski, Wajda.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Polish cinema :heart:

I think my favourite remains Wojciech Jerzy Has.

Sanatorium pod Klepsydra and Rękopis znalezioniy w Saragossie. Such fantastic films. :tuttosport:

And other great directors like Kieslowski (obviously), Zanussi, Majewski, Pawlikowski, Zulawski, Wajda.
Right now I'm downloading that "Sanatorium...", it looks fantastic! I'll watch it one of these days. Thanks for the mentions, then I will inquire more about some of those directors that I didn't know.
You're like an open film book, you've seen it all :lol::heart:.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Right now I'm downloading that "Sanatorium...", it looks fantastic! I'll watch it one of these days. Thanks for the mentions, then I will inquire more about some of those directors that I didn't know.
You're like an open film book, you've seen it all :lol::heart:.
Sometimes I think I watch far too many films. :lol:

Hope you enjoy that film. The Bruno Schulz novel/story collection it is based on is brilliant too. @Dostoevsky you should read it too. Sanatorium Under the Sign of the Hourglass

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Hope you enjoy that film. The Bruno Schulz novel/story collection it is based on is brilliant too. @Dostoevsky you should read it too. Sanatorium Under the Sign of the Hourglass
I'm currently into book lust moment when I read way too much for a sane person. It's the feeling you get you'll walk into madness.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:lol:

I feel ya. Reading inspired madness is the best form of madness though.
:D sometimes I really don't feel well LOL. When I go outside it feels so fucking weird.

Finally got to see infinity war, i didn't expect much but i was pleasantly surprised, this generation's empire strikes back
Thanos is badass. Too bad they didn't show much more of him. I read some comics and so much of him there it's great.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018

It's great to watch many movies, they are as enriching as a book (from another perspective, of course, and depending on what movies you see) :tup:.

I've seen the movie last night, thank you very much for the recommendation. It's a great film, a very peculiar surrealist tale. The end disappointed me a little, after everything that happened, but it's compensated by the wonderful way in which all the journey that the protagonist undertakes is filmed, makes you feel that you are inside that world, it's great. Those scenographiess, that lighting :tuttosport:.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's great to watch many movies, they are as enriching as a book (from another perspective, of course, and depending on what movies you see) :tup:.

I've seen the movie last night, thank you very much for the recommendation. It's a great film, a very peculiar surrealist tale. The end disappointed me a little, after everything that happened, but it's compensated by the wonderful way in which all the journey that the protagonist undertakes is filmed, makes you feel that you are inside that world, it's great. Those scenographiess, that lighting :tuttosport:.
They are not. Movies can't come close to books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)