Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (47 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why? :D I mean what did you expect from Narnia or Justice League? I've heard good things about latest Thor and I already watched Logan, but those are the only 2 superhero movies I thought were worth watching in 2017
You know, when you're ill you get to appreciate when you're healty. When you're sad you get to like happiness a lot more.

When you watch a piece of shit movie, you get to appreciate and love good ones a whole lot more.

Besides, I love watching movies, it's a passion for me. I read quite a lot comics too and I watched all super hero movies despite of them being total crap in 99% of the cases. Sometimes I need a stupid movie/popcorn movie to relax my brain.

In other news, there are like 3 screenings of The Killing Of A Sacred Deer in a 50km radius around my city :lol: Most of them are arthouse movie theatres with like a 50cm TV infront of 10 chairs. And Wind River still hasn't arrived. And Hostiles will arrive fuck knows when. And I couldn't watch BR2049 in an IMAX because they tore down the IMAX in favour of some Primark for turks. Cinema landscape in this country is so damn grim
That's beyond brilliant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You know, when you're ill you get to appreciate when you're healty. When you're sad you get to like happiness a lot more.

When you watch a piece of shit movie, you get to appreciate and love good ones a whole lot more.

Besides, I love watching movies, it's a passion for me. I read quite a lot comics too and I watched all super hero movies despite of them being total crap in 99% of the cases. Sometimes I need a stupid movie/popcorn movie to relax my brain.
I too love watching movies, but I'm avoiding most of the Marvel and DC Comics crap out there, would rather watch animated movies, as long as they don't go singing in a parallel candy universe, it helps me to relax my brain much more :D

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Finally decided to watch Dear Zachary and holy fuck, what a disturbing story. It’s one of those things that won’t leave me for months. Truly haunting. Hate isn’t a strong enough word to describe how one feels right after watching it.

Next on my list is Shoah.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Call me by your name (by far).
I saw this at VIFF back in early October, thought it was really good, but I think I was a bit spaced from several days of watching films at the festival and needed a break.

Watched it again a couple nights ago. I adored it. Beautiful beautiful film. The best of 2017 imo. It's exquisite.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I watched Jagten last night and I loved it.

I also watched Coco and while being entertaining and nice, I think it's quite overrated.

Malcolm X
was good, wasn't bored despite the duration. Denzel was amazing in it.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I saw this at VIFF back in early October, thought it was really good, but I think I was a bit spaced from several days of watching films at the festival and needed a break.

Watched it again a couple nights ago. I adored it. Beautiful beautiful film. The best of 2017 imo. It's exquisite.
It's a classic love story and a lot more. It takes time for the watcher and the characters likewise to pass the tense and maybe uncomfortable exploration stage and start really loving what's unfolding but when it happens it is near perfect.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I watched Jagten last night and I loved it.

I also watched Coco and while being entertaining and nice, I think it's quite overrated.

Malcolm X
was good, wasn't bored despite the duration. Denzel was amazing in it.
One of his best performences imo.
I watched Ali with Will Smith the same day I watched Malcom X last week (was -30 all week didn't leave my house), the gap between those two actors is A LOT bigger than what most of us think imo

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:D:tup:

Breath (Nafas) is Iran's entry for the Oscars. I have heard it's very good, which is interesting given how rarely Iranian films are made in the fantasy genre.
I'm going to see it on the 21st. It looks really good. I have always had a thing for that sort of subtle and nuanced fantasy, that's not full-blown Lord of the Rings type stuff.

Aug 1, 2003
Finally decided to watch Dear Zachary and holy fuck, what a disturbing story. It’s one of those things that won’t leave me for months. Truly haunting. Hate isn’t a strong enough word to describe how one feels right after watching it.

Next on my list is Shoah.
Where can I download it? My father has suggested this doco for years but I've read it really leaves a strong impact so a bit aprpehensive haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)