Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (26 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
just rewatched the movie 'Enemy'. I first saw in theaters and left feeling confused.

Very underrated movie IMO, the less you know about in going in the better but would definitely recommend. Real mind bending the kind of movie you have to google after watching
It's great. And I think it was inspired by Doestoevsky's The Double.

- - - Updated - - -

The Last Jedi is a very good movie. But a very bad Star Wars episode. That's about it.
What do you mean?

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Watched El Camino Christmas last night. Possibly the worst of the Netflix original content i've seen so far which is surprising considering how terrible a lot of it has been

Only plus was seeing Tim Allen in something again :baus:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Watched El Camino Christmas last night. Possibly the worst of the Netflix original content i've seen so far which is surprising considering how terrible a lot of it has been

Is it cheesy? It looked kinda cheesy judging by the trailer.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is it cheesy? It looked kinda cheesy judging by the trailer.
It is beyond cheesy it is unbelievably terrible. Hard to imagine that studio with the budget of Netflix would create something like this and then voluntarily advertise as their own.

You would think after watching the final cut they would've buried it too keep their reputation intact.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Loving Vincent (2017) seems pretty unique. The whole movie is about 130 paintings that he created. They had ~120 artists who spent a lot of time studying his pictures so they would paint 65.000 pictures, so they could make the movie out of those creations.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It is beyond cheesy it is unbelievably terrible. Hard to imagine that studio with the budget of Netflix would create something like this and then voluntarily advertise as their own.

You would think after watching the final cut they would've buried it too keep their reputation intact.
Like they should have done with all the Adam Sandler Movies and the Amy Schumer:)inter:) special? :D

Not watching i guess.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I never seen it (it has Vince Vaugn as a tough guy? :lol: ), tho corious to now.

Maybe you confuse me talking about Shot caller and the other prison movies that director made, or someone else here talked about it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

That looked so bad. I thought it was one of those Hallmark specials.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I never seen it (it has Vince Vaugn as a tough guy? :lol: ), tho corious to now.

Maybe you confuse me talking about Shot caller and the other prison movies that director made, or someone else here talked about it.
Watched Cell Block 99. Not near as serious as something like shotcaller to totally over the top at times but a fun and entertaining action movie. Doesn't try to be anything more than it is.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25,720

Isn't that why True Detective season 2 was shit as well? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)