Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (50 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Ayer (Loved End of Watch especially) so I had expectations of at least a very well crafted film. It definitely wasn't as bad as BvS though. You can clearly tell when watching it that stuff has been left on the editing room floor, but the movie at least makes sense for the most part unlike the theatrical version of BvS. It felt like a lot of Joker stuff was cut (I'm guessing due to trying to keep it PG maybe), as was some background stuff for some of the lesser members of the squad.
Yeah they rushed the introduction of some of the squad members, and felt like they were used sparingly in some scenes, but in general I actually liked the movie. Joker was a total cameo role...he had nothing to do with the plot except give more meaning and reference point to Harley Quinn. Movie's plot was very simple of dirty dozen variety so didnt expect original and crafted movie, but it felt a bit watered down in parts, mainly with background with Enchantress at times felt random. But as ragged group forced to do govt bidding plot it was fairly on point even if waaaay too predictable.

But they better use this is a good introduction movie to the world and not give up on it. Use them in future Justice league movies or the stand alone ones, or otherwise its pointless to pay lipservice to how everything is connected and seeing Batman or Flash here or there..

- - - Updated - - -

Deadpool was garbage imo. Tried too much to be funny.
Ok I give up, I'm never gonna see eye to eye with you on ANY of these movies after you said what you did about watch men and now the above about the by faaaaar the funniest comic movie yet :lol:

Like its friggin deadpool, what did you EXPECT? :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah they rushed the introduction of some of the squad members, and felt like they were used sparingly in some scenes, but in general I actually liked the movie. Joker was a total cameo role...he had nothing to do with the plot except give more meaning and reference point to Harley Quinn. Movie's plot was very simple of dirty dozen variety so didnt expect original and crafted movie, but it felt a bit watered down in parts, mainly with background with Enchantress at times felt random. But as ragged group forced to do govt bidding plot it was fairly on point.

But they better use this is a good introduction movie to the world and not give up on it. Use them in future Justice league movies or the stand alone ones, or otherwise its pointless to pay lipservice to how everything is connected and seeing Batman or Flash here or there..

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I give up, I'm never gonna see eye to eye with you on ANY of these movies after you said what you did about watch men and now the above about the by faaaaar the funniest comic movie yet :lol:

Like its friggin deadpool, what did you EXPECT? :D
It's hard to please my taste when it comes to movies and ESPECIALLY comic based movies. :D

- - - Updated - - -

do you like to laugh?
Not if jokes are retarded. But I can laugh if it's stupid which most of time... is.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
LOL. I have different standards for different genres, expectations change quite a bit when its superhero movies I just want to immerse into bizzare world with pure entertainment.

But regardless of comic movie or not, DEADPOOL WAS JUST FLATOUT INSANELY HILARIOUS :D

You either laugh or dont, and I laughed alot.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Seems like they just went ahead and made a fast conversion instead of doing a proper restoration of the negative (maybe they didn't have access to the negative). But apparently a newly restored Russian print is going to hit some film festivals soon. But who knows if it's ever going to get released on Blu-ray with English subtitles.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Can anyone recommend me a good - somewhat recent - horror movie (last 2-3 years)? Would prefer a psychological angle rather than an action-based (if that makes any sense) but all suggestions are more than welcome.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Can anyone recommend me a good - somewhat recent - horror movie (last 2-3 years)? Would prefer a psychological angle rather than an action-based (if that makes any sense) but all suggestions are more than welcome.
Maybe these arent so much horror but they might do the trick

The Witch, prisioners, It follows, Enemy, The Orphanage, The Orphan, blue ruin

- - - Updated - - -

Thats an amazing teaser. Cant wait.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It follows was good as was Creep (for a low budget movie). I also enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Invitation as a very tense slow burning movie although the ending didn't really live up to how good the buildup was

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Seems like they just went ahead and made a fast conversion instead of doing a proper restoration of the negative (maybe they didn't have access to the negative). But apparently a newly restored Russian print is going to hit some film festivals soon. But who knows if it's ever going to get released on Blu-ray with English subtitles.
Yeah, I just saw the pictures. It looks like shit honestly, why they would release something like that I've no idea. Too blurry, horrible colors, meh.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXpUaQpXMA

This Austrian film Goodnight Mommy was super creepy. @Ocelot :D

- - - Updated - - -

Artificial Eye :sergio:

I'm beginning to think only Criterion is competent with restorations. Everyone else is so hot or miss, mostly miss.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Steppenwolf (1974)

It's not a horror movie. But it's going to scare you when you realize how bad it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 45)