Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (86 Viewers)

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
Watched North by Northwest (1959) for the first time a few weeks ago.

The film that inspired James Bond, very good acting and directing. Once it starts you never look away.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Speaking of Bond, I saw Spectre the day before yesterday. It's okay. It's Bond I guess. Didn't like the ending.
Yes, the ending was pretty meh imo..
The man from U.N.C.L.E. good/meh? i'm planning to watch it today

And btw what about fargo? amazing ratings from imdb, i ran out of tv shows, don't really enjoy arrow and flash. maybe somekind like the mentalist? could u give me any suggestions?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't remember it being too funny but it was cheesy, in the same way Armageddon is, with the addition of nerd 'humour'.
There was just one bit when one of the directors needs a map, so he goes into the cafeteria, takes a photo of Mars of the wall and one of the cafe workers is like "OH C'MOOOONNN JEFF!!". I'm not sure why they put it in there but it got me good. Yeah I'm fine with cheese but their attempts at quirkiness and humour was just painful. Then they'd go into some esoteric conversation about terminal velocity or something. Zzzzzz time to switch off. I thought it might be like Castaway. But instead of a volleyball to talk to, Matt Damon talks to a webcam and becomes every piece of shit Youtuber on the planet. "I'm going to science the shit out of this" CRINGGGEEE!

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Damon is ALWAYS annoying.
He made a good Will Hunting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

And btw what about fargo? amazing ratings from imdb, i ran out of tv shows, don't really enjoy arrow and flash. maybe somekind like the mentalist? could u give me any suggestions?
Fargo is incredible (Haven't started season 2 yet). You can also try Mr. Robot. Even though I've seen only 3-4 episodes, I found it great. Just don't have the time to watch TV these days.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
icemaη;5139722 said:
Fargo is incredible (Haven't started season 2 yet). You can also try Mr. Robot. Even though I've seen only 3-4 episodes, I found it great. Just don't have the time to watch TV these days.
Thanks i'll try to watch Fargo, and maybe Mr. Robot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fargo is awesome. Watch. It. Now.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
@Post Ironic

Going to watch El Club tomorrow. Have you checked it out yet?
I know you didn't ask me, but I've watched it. Thought it was impressive how it managed to portray a group of despicable people without alienating the audience. But, in my opinion, it lacked ambition. It's pretty clear right away that these assholes shouldn't be kept away in a safe-house at the beach. But we never get to the root of the problem or get to really know the characters. Too much relies on the atmosphere of the film, and while it captures a bleak environment convincingly, that's just not enough to make it a great film.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know you didn't ask me, but I've watched it. Thought it was impressive how it managed to portray a group of despicable people without alienating the audience. But, in my opinion, it lacked ambition. It's pretty clear right away that these assholes shouldn't be kept away in a safe-house at the beach. But we never get to the root of the problem or get to really know the characters. Too much relies on the atmosphere of the film, and while it captures a bleak environment convincingly, that's just not enough to make it a great film.
:tup:

Atmosphere is emphasized at the expense of a more ambitious character study, and given the nature of the film, what could have made it great was a deeper "probing' into the psyche. It felt like the film tried to be a scathing indictment of the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church, but instead fell flat on its face in that regard, and became more so a moody, atmospheric piece.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:tup:

Atmosphere is emphasized at the expense of a more ambitious character study, and given the nature of the film, what could have made it great was a deeper "probing' into the psyche. It felt like the film tried to be a scathing indictment of the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church, but instead fell flat on its face in that regard, and became more so a moody, atmospheric piece.
Feel free to give me a +rep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 72)