Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (95 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
;) :D

I like most of the asian movies I've watched, but I really have to be in the mood. But thanks either way.
It depends yeah, they do heavy drama extremely well, but have to be in the mood. But if you want lighter (but gritty) entertainment, watch Korean crime/gangster flicks called "Man from nowhere", and another one, not as good as the first, but compelling "A company man". If you in the mood for heavy thriller afterwards, watch one called I saw the Devil.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The Hobbit made me dislike the entire franchise. Should've stopped at the highest of highs, instead they go ahead and make a completely mediocre movie.
Bit harsh, but I can see where you are coming from as a general cinema goer. The Hobbit isn't quite as epic as LOTR, it's not as dark, not as relationship-drive, as a book. Pure children's fantasy, from a time where children actually read books.

As a massive Tolkien nerd and big fan of the original LOTR trilogy I too did feel slightly underwhelmed after the first movie. I know that the story grows and gets better, just as LOTR does, but as a movie it plodded along a little bit. And the reason for that is simply because they are stretching a story very thinly. A four hour epic or two movies would have been quite enough for the subject matter. It just comes across as a LOTR-lite, like an add-on or sideshow rather than a prequel.

I'm expecting part 2 to be more involving.

As for Evangeline Lilly :tuttosport:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm still watching just as many movies as ever, but the urge to report about that has disappeared :D

Last ones were Hitchcock (quite good), In Our Nature (good performances but ultimately quite boring, don't know if it was a play originally but it felt that way) & Bridesmaids for the 2nd time (still funny, but maybe not as great as I remembered).

You done with your reading & restarted with movies yet? :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I stopped reading as much as I used to. I now read a book in 2-3 weeks or less. I watch a movie once in a month or two. :p

How can you live like that? :D

I recently read 2 books in about 3 weeks. Must have been the first time in years I did that. One of the perks of being a man of leisure for a while. But since that's behind me now, so is reading.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Just not very interested in movies. Or sports. Or beer.
How can you be tired of all movies? I mean there are such a big variety. If you are tired of mainstream american films, then you watch a Bergman film. If you are tired of intellectual Swedish movies, then you watch some experimental flick and so on. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 89)