Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (62 Viewers)

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Will check it out later Niz.

Has anyone seen Mullholland Drive? Now there is one movie I would NEVER recommend to anyone!
Whyyy Aris Why? The "Lost Highway" and "Inland Empire" are much crazier films and less comfortable for watching. Mullholand drive as for me is quite calm moovie. I have watched it for two times. After the fist one of cource i felt a little bit shocked and had no ideas what the hell it was in the end. After that I read some articles about ... and after that I have seen it for the second time...and everything was pretty clear :agree:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So I finished 2001 and I have no fucking idea what I just watched. Everything was making sense until the last 30min. I mean, the references to Homer and Nietzsche are pretty obvious, but what is the monolith?

If it's an alien form helping lesser evolved species up the ladder - like it does with the apes in the beginning - how does it help the Clavius moon team? Why is the HAL9000 crew even going to Jupiter?
You're sucked in.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Whyyy Aris Why? The "Lost Highway" and "Inland Empire" are much crazier films and less comfortable for watching. Mullholand drive as for me is quite calm moovie. I have watched it for two times. After the fist one of cource i felt a little bit shocked and had no ideas what the hell it was in the end. After that I read some articles about ... and after that I have seen it for the second time...and everything was pretty clear :agree:
I only watched it once years ago. Did not enjoy it at all. It was just weird and not in a good way.

Why not? It's arguable the best of Lynch.
Oh dear!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
War Horse was absolute dogshit, don't watch.
I wouldn't say that. But it's certainly not worthy of all the nominations.

Perfectly fine, well put together film for old people and children. Simplistic narrative and lack of good acting let it down. I guess it's what you get when your lead actor is a horse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)