Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (50 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
There Will Be Blood - Daniel Day-lewis is just one my fav and the movie is great.

Superbad - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drag Me To Hell - want to see this movie as my grandma made an apperance on it :heart:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The nearest thing is probably Dr Strangelove, but Brazil is jauntier and sillier.
I was expecting a comparison to Dr Strangelove and that's why I am waiting for the right moment to watch it. I want to like it, I know I will but at wrong moments I might not.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Nenna said:
Inglorious basterds was a good film. Good cinematography, good acting. It will probably win an Oscar. But do you really think this movie would have gotten half as good a reception if it didn't have Quinten Tarantino's name being dropped in every damn promo? Probably not. This obscure format of film is still not well received by audiences but the stigma that comes with QT's name is enough to make anything look good.
Hostile for instance only had Quinten Tarantino as a producer. Yet the name was in bold letters in every promo.
QT actually put me of it and most other films hes been associated with since KB lol. Its a hell'a'v'a'lott'a' better than his films since jackie brown, but i dont think he will ever top Resevoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction and he wont top Jackie Brown.

Jul 5, 2006
A Bronx Tale,Robert De Niro's first direction experience and very good film i must say,loved manner of telling, that was pure:tup:

Memento,seen it again and that was better this time, i understood some parts more clearly:beer:

..***..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
@Cigdem- both good films, a bronx tale is charming with some strong performances but Memento is a fantastic performance by Guy Pierce(is he really the same guy who looked like drywall in Neighbours?) and a film that definately needs to eb watched twice to fully comprehend

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
BIG DADDY!!! said:
I hope your watching Once Upon A Time In The West in your 'Spaghetti Western Period", in my opinion its Sergio Leone's finest film.
Well, actually, I have to agree with Tommy on this one. I rate The Good, The Bad And The Ugly as his best. But Once Upon A Time In The West is on my to-watch-list.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    In my opionion Once Upon a Time in America is Leone's best, my favorite anyhow.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    This is the new movie thread?

Well saw Samurai Rebellion, 60s Samurai epic, its very very compelling masterpiece of cinema, seriously moving with its display humanistic integrity (standing up to tyrannic bureaucracy and hypocritical customs) , and tragic :cry:

After he just took out like 100 yellowbellied drones of tyranny (and no, not done in Rambo/Arnold style of bullits bouncing off you, but like a true maestro of the sword) NO ONE, can be compared to Toshiro Mifune, period. Ok, except his western counter part in Clint Eastwood :cool:

Also saw the Happening, I will just say, I dont have high standards at all for movies and can watch almost anything (especially love "mysterious" and intriguing depiction of the unknown like this type) aslong as it entertains me fleetingly, but WHATAFUCK WAS THIS??? So beeeeeeyond stupid and pointless I cant imagine why the fuck it got the green light? M Night Shymalan should be truly and utterly DONE getting work from major studios now. I give it 1/5.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    Also saw the Happening, I will just say, I dont have high standards at all for movies and can watch almost anything (especially love "mysterious" and intriguing depiction of the unknown like this type) aslong as it entertains me fleetingly, but WHATAFUCK WAS THIS??? So beeeeeeyond stupid and pointless I cant imagine why the fuck it got the green light? M Night Shymalan should be truly and utterly DONE getting work from major studios now. I give it 1/5.
    I have feeling you didn't get the concept of the Movie? I think M Night, has a unique mind, I mean the imagination this guy has is incredible, But I do agree that he does need some help to interpret his ideas. The Happening was a good movie, not bad nor great.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I have feeling you didn't get the concept of the Movie? I think M Night, has a unique mind, I mean the imagination this guy has is incredible, But I do agree that he does need some help to interpret his ideas. The Happening was a good movie, not bad nor great.
    Don't agree with that.
    The Happening was a good concept but as a movie it somewhat failed: shockinly bad acting, the ending that was slapped on and felt completely rushed (I have a feeling M Night had a basic idea for a cool & interesting movie, but had absolutely on how to finish it), ...

Anyway, watched some movies myself:

Robocop - Had watched it before when I was a kid but remembered nothing of it. Too flawed to be considered a great movie, but definitely some great ideas & scenes.

American Gangster - Decent movie but nothing more. I feel this one could (should?) have been a lot better. As always, Denzel was very watchable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)