Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (46 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Robocop - Had watched it before when I was a kid but remembered nothing of it. Too flawed to be considered a great movie, but definitely some great ideas & scenes.

American Gangster - Decent movie but nothing more. I feel this one could (should?) have been a lot better. As always, Denzel was very watchable.
Den den den den den den den den Duuuuun!!!! :tup:

I don't like Denzels work

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Watched District 9 today,was actually quite good but there were quite a few flaws that only South Africans would pick up.Overall nice concept & kinda refreshing compared to all the other typical aliens movies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Watched a couple of old school Peter Sellers movies:

1968's The Party - A pretty silly Blake Edwards flick with Sellers playing his common Indian character at a Hollywood party. Mildly entertaining. What was impressive about it was all the things they did just off camera and in the background. If you're a Sellers fan, it's worth the watch.

1970's Waiter, There's A Girl in My Soup - A completely different character for Sellers from the above flick. Never liked Goldie Hawn, but she's tolerable here. Some pretty funny one-liners and a total 70s sexual liberation plotline. A better movie than the slapstick The Party, but oddly less inventive.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Last movies I watched:

Hot Fuzz - Second viewing. Some good moments but overall not a great movie. Definitely a let down after Shaun of the Dead.

Night at the Museum - Not really entertaining, especially considering the impressive cast. It's, you know, for kids.

Twilight - Quite surprisingly, I didn't hate this movie, possibly because I expected the very worst. I though this was pretty well made, convincing performances, somewhat engaging story, ...
I fear I might be turning into a teenage girl! :shifty:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Wow there making a Boondocks Saint 2 and its out next motnh!!!

THATS NOT HOW IRISH PEOPLE TALK FOR FUCK SAKE.

Jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with American films,

Colin Farrels american accent > all americans irish accent

rant over.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You think their Irish is bad, have you ever heard an American actor try to speak French? It doesn't get much worse than that.

But I suppose fair is fair, a lot of French people don't do any better with English. :D

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You think their Irish is bad, have you ever heard an American actor try to speak French? It doesn't get much worse than that.

But I suppose fair is fair, a lot of French people don't do any better with English. :D
Its not the language itself (i.e. Gaelige) but their accents, they just speak like they are from Belfast poorly, this is what irish people sound like

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Outpost - Story about a couple of mercenaries who are hired by some guy to go looking for "minerals" (that's what they are told at least) somewhere in the woods of Eastern Europe. They end up in an abandoned WW2 Nazi bunker where they are attacked by the locals. And by locals I mean Nazi Zombies!! :weee:
Pretty entertaining movie despite the slow start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 40)