Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (104 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It's a great movie :tup: . Might need to watch it again to brush up on it though.

Völler hit me with some suggestions.
Kind of random, but Before Sunrise (and then Before Sunset and Before Midnight). The best romance films I think I've seen - because it feels real. And really, it's just two hours of two people talking. Or maybe something more manly like The Raid 2. :p

What are you looking for? :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Anything. I'll check the three love stories you posted. Perhaps we can meet pver a bottle of Pinot and talk them through when Im done?

The Raid 2 was good.

Id love a drama like Dallas Buyers Club if youve got anything in store?

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Anything. I'll check the three love stories you posted. Perhaps we can meet pver a bottle of Pinot and talk them through when Im done?

The Raid 2 was good.

Id love a drama like Dallas Buyers Club if youve got anything in store?
I can't really think of anything really good close to Dallas Buyers Club. :) Actually, Network or A Clockwork Orange if you want to see people fight the system. :p

type "coffee is" in google and see what comes up first
Type "go fuck yourself" and see what comes up. :p

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
not really, maybe overlooked when it first came out(like big lebowski) but i wouldnt say thats a rule, like i said that movie is so admired and rated that it is part of a lot of college syllabi
Agree with the cult statement. That being said, a lot of shit is taught at college and just because a specific class shows the film doesn't mean it's not overlooked by the public.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So this weekend I watched Godzilla and Philomena.

Thought Godzilla was decent. It had some great action sequences and a decent set up. But not enough of Godzilla.

Philomena is awesome. Steve Coogan and Judy Dench really make a great duo on the screen.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
irrelevant, since it's not a meme nor an internet phenomenon
How is Google suggestions not just that? Also, the film flopped at the box office. It only earned $10 million in the US with a $12 million budget (that's low in the first place). Rule of thumb is that it needs to earn double the budget domestically to be a success. For a great film with such an insane cast, I'd still argue that it's overlooked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)