Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (100 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
127 Hours - Man, it got me chills. It was rather hard to watch, can't imagine the hell of 127 hours really. James Franco who played the main char did absolutely amazing. Decent movie, worth of watching.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Right on!
@Dule90 Have you watched Into the Wild?
I... did give it a try. It was like 1 year ago. I was watching with my brother and he got bored after an hour or so, so we turned it off. I wanted to continue the day after but I gave up on that idea. I did remember it when I was watching this movie today, though.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I... did give it a try. It was like 1 year ago. I was watching with my brother and he got bored after an hour or so, so we turned it off. I wanted to continue the day after but I gave up on that idea. I did remember it when I was watching this movie today, though.
Oh no. :sad: Into the Wild does have the same feel as 127 Hours, and I also feel that Into the Wild is the superior film. :D I know a person who had the same experience as you, and he thought the second half of the film was much better.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Oh no. :sad: Into the Wild does have the same feel as 127 Hours, and I also feel that Into the Wild is the superior film. :D I know a person who had the same experience as you, and he thought the second half of the film was much better.
I actually wanted to continue but my brother screwed up. I think I'll give it a try sooner or later.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I liked The Desolation of Smaug as well, much better than the first one. That was spread far too thinly, this film is a more condensed ~150 minutes of action and storytelling. Add in better characters, and it is getting more towards the LOTR product.

As a Tolkien fan I also have no problem with Jackson creating a key character. The Tolkien universe is not supposed to be restricted. I've also always thought Evangeline Lilly had an elvish appearance, so had to smile when she was cast. She's actually one of the better characters.

I thought Jackson went a bit too far over the top with Legolas' fight scenes.
Yeah, the fight scenes were too much and I also think the dragon scene was too long. I really love Benedict's voice as the dragon, though.

It's not like I disliked the new character, but, to me, it didn't make sense. I think the story is fine without all the love crap, and there's no chance in hell an elf falls in love with a dwarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)