Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (68 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
A friend cant stop talking about one of the characters in this, says its possibly the most engagingly hilarious character she ever scene on screen :p Hopefully the whole movie isnt just one character show.
It's a great coming of age flick. Probably the feel good movie of the year. Plus it has Allison Brie. :heart:

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
The Hobbit, Desolation Of Smaug.. was really really good.

8.5/10 for me, you guys should check out the 3D in HFR, absolute worth it. It was really cool

When you get to the Smaug and Bilbo scene aka Sherlock and Watson, it will make your day!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I liked The Desolation of Smaug as well, much better than the first one. That was spread far too thinly, this film is a more condensed ~150 minutes of action and storytelling. Add in better characters, and it is getting more towards the LOTR product.

As a Tolkien fan I also have no problem with Jackson creating a key character. The Tolkien universe is not supposed to be restricted. I've also always thought Evangeline Lilly had an elvish appearance, so had to smile when she was cast. She's actually one of the better characters.

I thought Jackson went a bit too far over the top with Legolas' fight scenes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)