Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (50 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Not that tragic, but someone dies and first thing you think of is making fun of them? Trying too hard, or just a senseless $#@!.
Apparently he was on his way to a meeting with his charity regarding a Philippines relief effort. Sounds perfectly tragic to me.

Jul 10, 2006
damn. I heard the guy who was driving was some kind of race car driver or race car "enthusiast."

No idea what happened, but I wonder if the guy wasn't driving the shit out of that Porsche and went a little too balls to wall the lost control nd put it into a tree. The road it was on looks like a surface street, not a highway. Must have been going pretty fast to do that much damage.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I saw on google maps the street from reddit.

basically a large sweeping right hander in a car that is notoriusly difficult to drive. probably came around the corner too fast or just put too much throttle going into the corner and got wheel slip and lost control.

basically speed kills

Jul 10, 2006
I saw on google maps the street from reddit.

basically a large sweeping right hander in a car that is notoriusly difficult to drive. probably came around the corner too fast or just put too much throttle going into the corner and got wheel slip and lost control.

basically speed kills
Damn... Too may people die from other people driving like assholes. I hope this wasn't the case, but it's hard to think of another explanation. It'll all come out soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate the irony, but he is partly responsible for a popular series of films which glorified dangerous driving and illegal street racing. As it is, though, films and music and video games cannot be held responsible for peoples actions. In the movies these things are done in a controlled environment with professionals behind the wheel and in charge. Still, his friend had no business driving like I am assuming he was driving on a city street. Again, I cannot think of another explanation for the damage done in that accident.

Anyone know the speed limit on that road?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-walker-how-he-ended-up-in-death-car-roger-rodas-porsche-carrera-gt/

New details from TMZ...

Paul Walker may not have ever gotten into the car that took him to his death if it hadn't been acting up moments before the crash ... TMZ has learned.

Paul showed up Saturday for a fundraiser at Always Evolving -- Roger Rodas' high end auto shop that specializes in exotic cars. Paul had a stake in the shop.

Sources connected to Roger tell TMZ when Paul arrived ... Roger was watching one of his employees try in vain to back the Carrera GT into the shop, but it kept stalling. Roger decided to take matters into his own hands ... told the worker to get out and took the wheel himself.

As Roger began to back into the garage ... Paul came up and said he hadn't driven in the Porsche yet -- so he jumped in the passenger seat and they took a 20 minute drive.

The fatal accident happened on the way back from that drive -- just 500 yards from the shop.

Paul's best friend from childhood, Nute, grabbed a fire extinguisher and was among the first to arrive on scene. We're told Nute frantically tried to extinguish the flames ... even though it appeared to him both men were already dead.

When the fire dept arrived they tried to pull Nute away, but he was overwrought and punched a firefighter. We're told Sheriff's deputies put Nute -- and several other of Paul and Roger's friends -- in custody, but let them go when they realized the circumstances.*******

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
driving fast on public roads is not cool at all. way too many unknowns and risks... oil slicks, badly kept roads etc... even if you are the best driver in the world it doesn't make a difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)