Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (118 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
The Prestige: Although I first saw this movie 4 years ago, I noticed and understood a lot more things about the movie this time. Most importantly, I realized that Alfred's agent was actually his brother in disguise. Maybe I was falling asleep when watching it the first time, but I just didn't notice it. Nolan did a great job distracting us from truly noticing him. Truly great film.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Captain America: Awful, awful, awful movie, poor directing, was unnecessarily long & weak plot. With that lame ending, it's obvious they have a sequel in the works.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
blʘndu;3340454 said:
a serbian movie - i'm sure i won't dream about it or be affected in any way, hopefully :D
Heard about this one, definitely going to avoid it.

Went to see Tintin the other day. I know it's a kids movie but I have to say I really enjoyed it. A great action/adventure movie, and Andy Serkis is excellent as Captain Haddock.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just saw Captain America, bit of a missed opportunity with this one, the lead is fitting for the role, but barely anything else is (compared to comics, could given him more heroic stuff, action scenes sucked). But unlike Byrone, I CANT wait for Avengers, Captain america was only character who's movie I hadnt seen, got that outta way, so will be cool to see all of them together.

Now to a decent movie I recently seen, Outrage, japanese yakuza film with Takeshi Beat, see it, its pretty typical for its genre, but still pretty slick one.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I watched Captain America today as well. I wouldn't give it as negative a review as By but I thought it fell short and failed to utilize a pretty strong supporting cast (Derek Luke, Tommy Lee Jones, Neal McDonough). The ending was camp, but necessary. Steve Rodgers has to be transported to the future if he's to lead the Avengers in the modern day.

All in all, it was better than the last Spiderman movie. But not as good as Iron Man.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats the thing, it build up the story of Captain america well enough in first half, but then fell short completely with follow up (basically when WWII parts started), like how they were taking out the bases of Hydra? Talk about missed opportunity, just quick run through bits and pieces, like a trailer of the events (more like montages), instead of actually seeing them for real, was unengaging (and those action scenes that was there was poorly directed). Same thing with Red Skull final showdown, built up as a great conniving villain, only for the big showndown to be....nothing? But Chris Evans as Capt atleast was a really good casting choice. Even if the rest of the cast wasnt used aswell as you said. Glad this director isnt doing Avengers atleast (its Joss Whedon, can do witty/camp well plus engaging storytelling).

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
I watched Tower Heist. Its not too bad. Eddie Murphy has a small part and does his usually thing. Make saying "hi" and use mannerisms to make you laugh. Decent cast had some funny moments. I suppose worth a view

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The Son of No One - Fucking Channing Tatum and his acting. You would expect much more from a cast made up of Al Pacino (the fucker is getting too old), Ray Liotta, and James Ransone. 6/10.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Unknown: enjoyable movie, really wish Liam Neeson would work on his American accent though. On a side note, Diane Kruger, hot :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)