Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (135 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The Ledge - First off Charlie Hunnam looks strikingly similar to Heath Ledger imo. I really enjoyed the movie, some good acting (especially Live Tyler, not her biggest fan) & really gives an indication how dangerous religion can be when in the hands of the wrong individual. Nice to see an atheist vs religious believer tussle which instantly made me think of the forum.:touched:

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,847
    The Ledge - First off Charlie Hunnam looks strikingly similar to Heath Ledger imo. I really enjoyed the movie, some good acting (especially Live Tyler, not her biggest fan) & really gives an indication how dangerous religion can be when in the hands of the wrong individual. Nice to see an atheist vs religious believer tussle which instantly made me think of the forum.:touched:
    If I didn't know who her father was and if their similarity didn't freak the shit out of me I'd think Liv Tyler is the most gorgeous women to have ever lived.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Immortals

Visually breathtaking, typically Tarsem Singh movie (anyone seen The fall?), I know people naturally compare it to Zack Snyders 300, but it was this directors visual style before that movie. But yeah its equally badass, while being more of a story, fantasy adventure, instead of one action scene to another (spent quite some time building it up, some mind find that boring). Ze Greek Gods were awesome, cant wait for the 2nd movie if its to be about them mainly instead of a human war:

And oh, Henry Cavill, based on this, will be very apt Superman :tup:

Coming month was expected to be a cinema going month for me, with Tintin, this one, Drive, Tinker Tailor soldier spy, and whatever suprises that may come. So far the first two has been a very good start to things. Fun adventures.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It is, and it suits 3D. Both Tintin and this movie dont use it as a gimmick, they werent shot in it, but are very good conversions and they use it it in a lowkey blending in the texture kind of way, not trying to jump at you like most tards have used it, gimmicky BS.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Tintin in 3D was amazing anyway, I don't understand why some people get worked up on 3D, when appropriate it gives a nice touch to the movie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Tintin in 3D was amazing anyway, I don't understand why some people get worked up on 3D, when appropriate it gives a nice touch to the movie.
    Yep, seen around 6 movies in 3D, would say 4 of them fit 3D well enough, the other two were just riding on the gimmick and for extra bucks (they are Clash of titans and pirates of carribean 4). I can sense those movies who are just doing 3D because its a trend a mile away, when they arent clearly visual directors like Cameron (he is an extreme example), Spielberg or Tarsem Singh, and at the last minute just adding one "jump at you from the screen" scene and call the entire movie 3D experience. Unlike kinda 3D experience Tintin was, not gimmicky, but totally blend into the format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)