Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (92 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Blade Runner 2049 is quite good. The pace is slow, so no wonder it didn't do well in theaters. The visuals are something though and it's one of few films I've been thinking about days after seeing it

Dunkirk is on my watchlist

- - - Updated - - -

The only regret I have is to not having watched the first Blade Runner before though :sad: I'm sure I'd have had an even better experience
Good to know, will need to re-watch as its been a while since I've seen it.

Strange that neither of these have had dvd rips released yet. It's usually around this time when the Oscar screeners get leaked if I'm not mistaken?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Borg McEnroe was better than i expected. Not saying its amazing but its a solid 7 out of 10. The guy who plays Borg is very believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone watched Thank You for Your Service? Any good or poor mans American Sniper (same theme topic, war life, civilian life, issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Also has anyone watched 1922 from Netflix?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
How do you endure watching a movie that looks like it's a PS3 game in all scenes except dialogues? Where you can identify greenscreens all the time? Where they don't even bother blending in the characters into the scenery? Fights cut into a million pieces? A movie that is supposed to have its strong suit in exactly those visuals and fights?

I'm all in for innocent action fun but how retarded do capeshit producers think I am to eat this lowest of low effort trash

Watchmen was really the peak of comicbook adaptations

PS: this is how you make a movie, disney dipshits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How do you endure watching a movie that looks like it's a PS3 game in all scenes except dialogues? Where you can identify greenscreens all the time? Where they don't even bother blending in the characters into the scenery? Fights cut into a million pieces? A movie that is supposed to have its strong suit in exactly those visuals and fights?

I'm all in for innocent action fun but how retarded do capeshit producers think I am to eat this lowest of low effort trash

Watchmen is great :agree:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Watched this cause i was bored, pretty fun 2 hours. Then again i love everything that plays in the 70's :D @Osman

It's free on Amazon prime, maybe on Netflix too, not sure about that though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

PS: this is how you make a movie, disney dipshits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM
I totally agree with what you're saying. But I didn't like Watchmen.

Btw, have you seen Rocketeer? I think it's underrated and it's better than majority of super hero movies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Watched this cause i was bored, pretty fun 2 hours. Then again i love everything that plays in the 70's :D @Osman

It's free on Amazon prime, maybe on Netflix too, not sure about that though.
Its awesome, saw it on cinema at release. Noir buddy charm, need more of it.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Kingsmen 2; utter dogshite which I expected, just needed to watch a brainless movie.

Mark Strong singing Country Road, Take me Home is awesome though :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Okay, this is interesting.

Quentin Tarantino might be making a Star Trek movie
Buckle up for some Klingon monologues

Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino is known for his love of genre movies, and now it looks like a Star Trek film may be in his future. Deadline is reporting that Tarantino is working with producer J.J. Abrams on his own original idea for a Trek film, which he could potentially direct.

According to the report, Tarantino pitched his idea to Abrams, and the current plan is for the pair to assemble a writer’s room of screenwriters who will then develop the concept into a screenplay. Handing off writing duties would appear to be a good fit for both filmmakers given their current schedules: Tarantino is about to start shooting his next movie, a drama set in Los Angeles around the time of the Charles Manson murders, while Abrams is diving into Star Wars: Episode IX.

Tackling an intellectual property like Star Trek would be a marked shift for Tarantino. The writer-director has stayed away from film franchises throughout his career, focusing instead on developing his own idiosyncratic material. However, he has served as a for-hire director in television before, helming episodes of both ER and CSI.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can't see Tarantino and Star Trek blend into one. :D

Btw, Scroses is making The Irishman with Al Pacino and De Niro. He's also making Roosevelt movie with DiCaprio in it.

And a movie that I'm looking forward to is Steven Spielberg's The Post which has Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks in the main roles. There's also Bob Odenkirk in it (Saul from Breaking Bad).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Btw, Scroses is making The Irishman with Al Pacino and De Niro. He's also making Roosevelt movie with DiCaprio in it.

And a movie that I'm looking forward to is Steven Spielberg's The Post which has Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks in the main roles. There's also Bob Odenkirk in it (Saul from Breaking Bad).
And that movie is a Netflix exclusive.

To think that so many pundits predicted their doom when movie studios started pulling their movies from the service. Their answer? Create their own material, watch the subscription rate increase tenfold, and have the money to just throw at Scorsese , Pacino and De Niro to do an exclusive movie for them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And that movie is a Netflix exclusive.

To think that so many pundits predicted their doom when movie studios started pulling their movies from the service. Their answer? Create their own material, watch the subscription rate increase tenfold, and have the money to just throw at Scorsese , Pacino and De Niro to do an exclusive movie for them.
Yeah, quite a huge move from them. But I also think it's an instant profit when you combine the three of them, despite the quality of the movie :D

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, I'm heading for a Star Wars premiere in 8 days. And I can't fucking wait.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

He's a big fan of the franchise apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)