Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (70 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Harrison Ford allways plays Harrison Ford, and he is decent enough to pull it off so I'm not fussed. Tho its kinda sad to see cherished characters age that significantly. The movie should be very interesting extra bit just because Denis Villeneuve is directing. Like his style quite a bit, with Prisoners, Sicario and incendies (havent seen arrival yet).
But it's his charm. It's not all about acting but his natural self which gives him the edge. There's absolutely nobody capable of replacing him as Indiana Jones or Han Solo. Well, you can, but movie would suck a lot. Ford is capable of making a shit movie very enjoyable. I remember hearing how Chris Pratt might be the one replacing him which I just find sad.

Same would go for Anthony Hopkins or Samuel L. Jackson. Most of the time they don't act and their roles are quite similar (especially Jackson), but you can hardly replace them cause they do their job perfectly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But it's his charm. It's not all about acting but his natural self which gives him the edge. There's absolutely nobody capable of replacing him as Indiana Jones or Han Solo. Well, you can, but movie would suck a lot. Ford is capable of making a shit movie very enjoyable. I remember hearing how Chris Pratt might be the one replacing him which I just find sad.

Same would go for Anthony Hopkins or Samuel L. Jackson. Most of the time they don't act and their roles are quite similar (especially Jackson), but you can hardly replace them cause they do their job perfectly.
Yeah it's called charisma, and with Ford not the colorful kind like Samuel L Jackson, but understated every day hero kind of appeal. Tho he couldn't escape it because his acting range is kinda limited, while someone like Hopkins could do anything even if he mainly gravitated to the same vein of tad overacting roles.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Ahh, nah Deckard can't have an insignificant cameo hopefully.

Btw oddly good choice with Gosling, he fits the minimalistic style of the and vibe of acting of the first movie.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Imo there's nobody who could better fit the main character for this movie like Gosling. It was the best choice by far. He has that mysterious noir look, if the even makes sense.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Charisma. I wanted to say that :D
Btw they already cast a young Han Solo for athonology project that makes no sense, I'm not sure if they dare to replace him as Indiana Jones tho...

This is the young Han Solo they chose:

While they probably should have taken this guy

who already done a good job of playing young version of Harrison Ford in a same movie as him in Age of adaline, kid is absolute doppelganger lol:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Nah, if you shave that first guy and give him a similar haircut he'll look just as similar.

Anyways, such things should never be given preference to acting capabilities.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah, if you shave that first guy and give him a similar haircut he'll look just as similar.

Anyways, such things should never be given preference to acting capabilities.
True, actually seen the guy they chose in couple projects and he did really well, while the doppelganger only seen in one movie playing his young version. But still, it would be so fitting if they chose him lol.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Btw they already cast a young Han Solo for athonology project that makes no sense, I'm not sure if they dare to replace him as Indiana Jones tho...

This is the young Han Solo they chose:

While they probably should have taken this guy

who already done a good job of playing young version of Harrison Ford in a same movie as him in Age of adaline, kid is absolute doppelganger lol:

But Alden Ehrenreich is a far more talented actor, so even if he doesn't look identical to a young Harrison Ford, that's alright.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know it's not new but have you watched The Lobster? I LOVED IT.
It took me long enough, but I saw it last night. I quite enjoyed it. Creative storytelling and lots of unpredictability. :)

My wife on the other hand? Thought it was yet another one of those bizarro movies I tend to enjoy. (Like how I raved about Under the Skin...)

Happy New Year, Hoori! :party:

@king Ale

Apr 15, 2006
The Lobster was really interesting at first, but the magic faded away after they escaped into the forest.

Saw Assassin's Creed today, and thought it was a huge missed opportunity. The action sequences were intense and breathtaking, but almost nothing else was worth it. They wasted talented actors on a hollow story line that could've so much more if they tried a little. I just hope the sequel turns out to be WAY better than this movie, just like the original game and the sequel.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
It took me long enough, but I saw it last night. I quite enjoyed it. Creative storytelling and lots of unpredictability. :)

My wife on the other hand? Thought it was yet another one of those bizarro movies I tend to enjoy. (Like how I raved about Under the Skin...)

Happy New Year, Hoori! :party:

@king Ale
Your wife is right. Both were sh!t.

Watched La La Land, few days ago, I'm not really into musicals, but know it was directed by Damien Chazelle, I had to give it a try. I think it was my favourite movie of the year. The music stays with you for some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)