Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (86 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Brilliant movie. Reminded me of The Wire a couple of times actually :D Not in a direct sense (cinematography & storytelling are very different), but the subject matter and the way it simply felt so real did feel similar at times (The Runt was a bit over the top though tbh).

However I would have preferred if they had kept the original names for the subtitiles :D Lil Z sounds much more like a wannabe trap rapper from Atlanta than a sociopathic Favela druglord...

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't seen these two films before? Are you 12 years old or something? :shifty:
I can guarantee you that if I'll ask 100 random people here, 60% haven't seen either movie, about 25 Apocalypse Now and only a couple City of God.

But yeah I haven't seen a lot of the "classics", been trying to correct that for about a year now :D

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, in my imagination he's one of the fattest people in Austria. It would explain the book smarts.
Glad to see I'm not completely an open book on here.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
City of God and Apocolypse now. Two of my favourites.

Just finished Platoon. Vietnam movies are awesome
I would love to see an american made film based from the point of view of the Vietnamese.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
last night I saw the Green Hornet
@king Ale :)
You didn't stop the search for an action movie did you :D

- - - Updated - - -

I can guarantee you that if I'll ask 100 random people here, 60% haven't seen either movie, about 25 Apocalypse Now and only a couple City of God.

But yeah I haven't seen a lot of the "classics", been trying to correct that for about a year now :D
I think City of God is more popular than Apocalypse Now especially if your population is Juventuz members :D

Aren't you a member of Juventuz facebbok group?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You didn't stop the search for an action movie did you :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think City of God is more popular than Apocalypse Now especially if your population is Juventuz members :D

The only pictures on his Facebook page are meta jokes.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

I meant here in Austria :D On tuz, I'd guess the movies are a little bit more well known...

And nope, didn't even know there was such a thing :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I liked Apocalypse Now but I found it overrated. I enjoyed The Thin Red Line much more.
Terrence Malick :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, in my imagination he's one of the fattest people in Austria. It would explain the book smarts.
:lol:

Does Ocelot have book smarts? I always picture him as a dude-bro...

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant movie. Reminded me of The Wire a couple of times actually :D Not in a direct sense (cinematography & storytelling are very different), but the subject matter and the way it simply felt so real did feel similar at times (The Runt was a bit over the top though tbh).

However I would have preferred if they had kept the original names for the subtitiles :D Lil Z sounds much more like a wannabe trap rapper from Atlanta than a sociopathic Favela druglord...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I suppose I'm a bit of a recluse outside of work the last few years, so I don't really have a clue what people have or have not seen. Back when I was in University Cidade de Deus was that foreign film that all the students had seen - in fact, it was in many cases the only foreign film they had seen.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)