Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (119 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'll name some that caught my eye, I might have missed some too. BUT this does not mean they are bad movies, but they are bad movies IMO to be considered as the greatest in the century (but some are shit too).

Amélie
12 Years a Slave
The Assassination of Jesse James
Children of Men
Zodiac
No Country for Old Men
Boyhood
Requiem for a Dream
The Great Beauty
The New World
25th Hour

I'm also so-so about these: The Social Network, Mad Max and Lost in Translation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I'll name some that caught my eye, I might have missed some too. BUT this does not mean they are bad movies, but they are bad movies IMO to be considered as the greatest in the century (but some are shit too).

Amélie
12 Years a Slave
Children of Men
Zodiac
No Country for Old Men

Boyhood
Requiem for a Dream
The Great Beauty
The New World
25th Hour

I'm also so-so about these: The Social Network, Mad Max and Lost in Translation.
Wow you crossed a line there, friend

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Amélie
12 Years a Slave

Children of Men
Zodiac
No Country for Old Men
Boyhood
Requiem for a Dream
The Great Beauty
The New World
25th Hour

Century as in the last 16 years only, though :D

I haven't seen those in bold, but apart from Children of Men that I have mixed feelings about, I love the rest. Zodiac and The Social Network are best of Fincher's imo, and Lost in Translation was an excellent movie. I actually thought it was a pretty solid list. And you should watch A separation :p

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

Amélie
12 Years a Slave
Children of Men
Zodiac
No Country for Old Men
Boyhood
Requiem for a Dream
The Great Beauty
The New World
25th Hour

Amelie is the only bad one on that list (I know you're not saying they are all bad). Oh, and I thought you loved The New World? :D

- - - Updated - - -

I also loved Zodiac - but is it really that great?
Yes :tuttosport:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wow you crossed a line there, friend
I really really disliked it. :p

Century as in the last 16 years only, though :D

I haven't seen those in bold, but apart from Children of Men that I have mixed feelings about, I love the rest. Zodiac and The Social Network are best of Fincher's imo, and Lost in Translation was an excellent movie. I actually thought it was a pretty solid list. And you should watch A separation :p
Hmm... look, I think The Social Network was very good. Very well producted. But such list has its own depths, it's the best work. And I can't place it into that bucket. But yeah some people would do it obviously. I thought Zodiac was pure crap, though. :D As for Fincher's work imo it has to be Fight Club and Seven. I also liked Lost in Translation but I wouldn't put it into that list. I have no idea how can you like Amelie, though.

(The Great Beauty, 25th Hour, The Assassination of Jesse James were total shit). 12 Years a Slave was decent at best and it's massivly overrated.

Shortly, I'd rather make a bomb top 50 than placing some good movies that can easily be forgotten.

And I watched to watch A Separation a couple of times but I always gave up for some reason lol.

I thought it was good but he has better work. I didn't rate it that high.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I really really disliked it. :p

Hmm... look, I think The Social Network was very good. Very well producted. But such list has its own depths, it's the best work. And I can't place it into that bucket. But yeah some people would do it obviously. I thought Zodiac was pure crap, though. :D As for Fincher's work imo it has to be Fight Club and Seven. I also liked Lost in Translation but I wouldn't put it into that list. I have no idea how can you like Amelie, though.

(The Great Beauty, 25th Hour, The Assassination of Jesse James were total shit). 12 Years a Slave was decent at best and it's massivly overrated.

Shortly, I'd rather make a bomb top 50 than placing some good movies that can easily be forgotten.

And I watched to watch A Separation a couple of times but I always gave up for some reason lol.

I thought it was good but he has better work. I didn't rate it that high.
Seven is fine but i didn't like Fight Club. Amelie is awesome :D Especially the music:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Amélie
12 Years a Slave
Children of Men
Zodiac
No Country for Old Men
Boyhood
Requiem for a Dream
The Great Beauty
The New World
25th Hour

90% of those movies are indeed shit

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No, you!

- - - Updated - - -

You can do it. :weee:
These, in this order, are my favorites from that list (i haven't seen many of the rest though):

Once upon a time in Anatolia
Lives of others
City of god
Eternal sunshine
In the mood for love
The return
Stories we tell
Separation
Wall e
Mulholland Drive
Spirited away
Memento
The diving bell
Her

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
These, in this order, are my favorites from that list (i haven't seen many of the rest though):

Once upon a time in Anatolia
Lives of others
City of god
Eternal sunshine
In the mood for love
The return
Stories we tell
Separation
Wall e
Mulholland Drive
Spirited away
Memento
The diving bell
Her
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)