Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (94 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Was there any great performance by a non-white actor this year? I seriously don't know, but to automatically assume racist bias sounds a bit cheap imo.

Would be different if he suggested a non-white actor who deserved a nomination according to this guy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Was there any great performance by a non-white actor this year? I seriously don't know, but to automatically assume racist bias sounds a bit cheap imo.

Would be different if he suggested a non-white actor who deserved a nomination according to this guy.
i'm sure there was no bias :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Idris Elba in the supporting actor category I suppose. Can't recall anyone else.
Last year Bradley Cooper got the nomination over that dude who was in Selma. Bradley Fucking Cooper :lol2:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
good buildup which hits out triggers developed over a lifetime of media 'programing', compounded by projections and identification with protagonist
:tup: One could argue though that a lifetime of media programming should work against suspense. They never kill the hero without him having finished what he is supposed to finish, even if he is chased by a dozen of armed men shooting at him. I agree with the bold part but I'm not sure if that's what's making me feel the suspense when i rewatch a suspenseful movie.

:tup:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah the Samuel Jackson thing has been done too many times but i was really captivated in the story and loved a lot of the acting. It kind of felt like a cheap thrill for me just really enjoyable while knowing not to take it too seriously.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Cool. Maybe I was just sleepy :D
Was about to say that there are nights where im really in the mood for a film and whatever i watch i can enjoy. I watched 2 other movies the night i watcjed The Hateful Eight and enjoyed all of them.

Tonight i watched Sicario and wasnt really in the mood. I could tell that it was an excellent movie but i will definatly have to go back and watch it again to fully appreciate it. Same goes for The Revanent i was in a terrible mood for watching a movie of its type. I was watching it thinking "this is great why the fuck am i not enjoying this" :sergio:

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

Idris Elba and Michael B. Jordan are the only two that have been in serious consideration, and Elba probably the only one really close to a nomination. Abraham Attah should have been though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhhh, ffs, fap worthy
:agree:

A Morricone documentary directed by Tornatore is the dream. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Too many loopholes for my liking.

@Völler
I actually watched it a second time. :D I liked it better overall, even if I'm still not a huge fan of the second half.
Any why did they write Tatum's name in the opening credits? Would have been much better as a proper surprise.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I actually watched it a second time. :D I liked it better overall, even if I'm still not a huge fan of the second half.
Any why did they write Tatum's name in the opening credits? Would have been much better as a proper surprise.
I'd have hated it if the surprise was Tatum tbh. :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

They ought to have a best token black guy category.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)