Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I told you, but you said have a card where you can watch anythin on cinema for a monthly fee, so your loss. Should have watched Man from uncle instead.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm going watching it Friday :)

The new Hitman looks awesome too, shame they changed the main actor though, I liked the one in the first Hitman.
This one will be better, guy from Justified, as much as he is good, he just doesnt fit this type of role. While Rupert is just stone cold actor for this type of stuff.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Justified? You mean Homeland right?

Has anyone seen Straight out of Compton?
The first hitman movie was the guy from Justified, Timothy Olyphant, thats what I mean. Cool actor, but didnt feel like agent 47 at all for me.

And no I havent seen it, I hate sweden right now, they banning/censoring the movie to be shown in our cinemas, its ridicolously lame.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I never ever heard stopping a major movie like this from cinema tho, its bizzare, we get violent or foul mouthed movies like rest of the world (we never been like Germany in censorship), but somehow they refusing to purchase this one to be shown on our screens???

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats new development :weee: Previously SF were refusing to acknowledge that they were remotely interested in purchasing or showing this movie, and there were some debate about it in our media/facebook groups lol. Have had angry friends about this in the past week bring it up to me alot, saying they be self-censoring themselves etc. Lots of nostalgic NWA fans who got annoyed about supposed indirect ban of a major movie about a major iconic music group.

But they actually say they will negotiate with Universal for the movie is great :weee: I thought it was odd, because there never been a case before were any movie would be untouchable for our cinema company.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Thats new development :weee: Previously SF were refusing to acknowledge that they were remotely interested in purchasing or showing this movie, and there were some debate about it in our media/facebook groups lol. Have had angry friends about this in the past week bring it up to me alot, saying they be self-censoring themselves etc. Lots of nostalgic NWA fans who got annoyed about supposed indirect ban of a major movie about a major iconic music group.
But that has nothing do with banning/censorship as you suggested. It's not unreasonable for the distributor to think that an N.W.A. movie might not be the most succesful film in Sweden. Especially if it had been slaughtered by the American critics. It's a money decision that has nothing to do with censorship.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But that has nothing do with banning/censorship as you suggested. It's not unreasonable for the distributor to think that an N.W.A. movie might not be the most succesful film in Sweden. Especially if it had been slaughtered by the American critics. It's a money decision that has nothing to do with censorship.
Thats not the information that I got from those who were making a big deal about this :D I barely paid attention besides what they said to me.

But yeah it seems like they clearly underestimated how very popular NWA actually are for those who grew up with it, Hiphop is a big genre now, and it doesnt get more iconic then NWA as the first gate-way introduction group to making then underground genre very much in the public eye.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Thats not the information that I got from those who were making a big deal about this :D I barely paid attention besides what they said to me.
Fair enough. It just annoys me when people scream censorship when it has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=vimeo;89534902]https://vimeo.com/89534902[/video]
This is great. :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fair enough. It just annoys me when people scream censorship when it has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=vimeo;89534902]https://vimeo.com/89534902[/video]
This is great. :lol:

Thats absolutely genius :lol: I have to show it to my father, who pretty much made sure we watched all of these old school westerns, this one particular, many times over when we were kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)