Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (141 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That and the "firework" near the end are simply epic :D
Samuel L. Jackson was great in it and it's exactly how I'd imagine a villain in such a movie. I can't say I liked the firework, I know everything is exaggerated in a way but that looked like a mixture with completely another movie :D However I really liked that girl with those skating legs, she was a perfect old-school badass who you'd expect to see even in a Sean Connery James Bond movie right next to the Goldfinger :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I went to see Jurassic World last night, first time I've been to the cinema in a long time. It was fun watching big dinosaurs hit each other, but everything else was contrived. You can really tell the impact a director like Spielberg has when you put the two against one another.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Just went to watch Jurassic World, I don't know if it liked it or not :D it was entertaining tho

btw a few days I went watch Mad Max with my dad, I wasn't expecting anything, but I ended up liking it a lot :) from the visual point of view it's a fantastic movie IMO.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Tom Holland will be the new spiderman . Who the fuck is this guy ? :lol: I really hope they know what they are doing .

- - - Updated - - -

And they've also chosen a largely unknown director for the first standalone movie

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Tom Holland will be the new spiderman . Who the fuck is this guy ? :lol: I really hope they know what they are doing .

- - - Updated - - -

And they've also chosen a largely unknown director for the first standalone movie
Well they wanted a teenage kid so they are starting from the scratch once again with Peter Parker in high school. All of the considered actors were largely no names since they didn't really have anywhere to prove themselves before other than some TV shows probably.

Let's just hope it's much better than the terrible TASM 1 and 2 and Andrew Garfield.

I want more Emma Stone though :klin:.

- - - Updated - - -

from 2013 :p

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I thought they were gonna go the black Spiderman route. In the Marvel Universe they are replacing Peter Parker with Miles Moralas as the Spider Man. I thought they'd carry it for the movies as well.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
icemaη;4987607 said:
I thought they were gonna go the black Spiderman route. In the Marvel Universe they are replacing Peter Parker with Miles Moralas as the Spider Man. I thought they'd carry it for the movies as well.
They are not replacing Peter Parker. Miles Morales is a character from Ultimate Marvel Universe which is a reality where every character is different (some to the extreme). Peter Parker died there and got replaced sure, but in the main Marvel Universe he is still Spiderman and it won't change.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
icemaη;4987671 said:
Oh wow, no wonder DC shits all over Marvel then :p.

Well Parker will still be there and I bet it won't take too long before they make him the main hero again. You can't replace Peter Parker as much as you can't replace Bruce Wayne (DC tried that a few times too and are trying even now :lol:) or Clark Kent.

Terrible decision by Marvel.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So I watched quite a few movies recently to rest my brain from people.

--

Jerry Maguire - It was fine, I did not expect it to be a drama more than anything, but it was decent.

Mud - Pretty good, I enjoyed it. I think acting was quite good in it as not only McConaughey was good but those two kids were really great.

Shakespeare in Love - Ok, I have no clue how much of the background is true or not but as for the movie it self I think it was good, I liked it. Enjoyable.

The Piano - I did like the set up and it's kinda unique so I enjoyed it. And hey, there's a piano, so there's another plus from me.

Enough Said - So the plan was to kill 1.5h but it ended up being a plan of how to kill myself during it. Nah, it was ok-ish, but it's totally not what I expected it to be and it was quite painful to watch. I wish I could travel back through time to save those hours.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Did it have great dialogs? Did it have hidden symbolism? Nope, it did not, but it was not supposed to have it. So I watched this one last night and I think it's a great action movie. Btw, Charlize Theron totally stole the show from Tom Hardy, as she was amazing. Action sequences were pretty brilliant and it's great to see CGI being ignored in those car chases, it looked great. I loved the theme of it, I think the whole post apocalyptic universe was pulled off brilliantly, I loved the guitar guy, the cars (some were really epic) and I couldn't believe how fast the movie ended. First time I looked at the time I was like 'wtf, there's only 20mins left' which just confirms it was loads of fun and an epic car chase adventure. Me likes.

Sideways - It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

South Park (the movie) - It was good although I hated the songs parts (bar uncle fucker) as I pretty much hate musicals.

Adaptation. - It's worth of watching and I remember there was a Nick Cage topic not so long ago, but yeah, I watched this one and gotta say he did a very good job in this one. I like how the movie progressed, I did not like it at first but it became a quite good movie, solid.

Papillion - Great. I enjoy both McQueen and Hoffman as actors and I think they were great. As for the movie I think it was truly great and really enjoyable :tup:

The Great Escape - The whole thing was just brilliant. Amazing movie.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched Gone Girl
just :lol:

I can't believe somebody wrote a book that stupid. Big respect to Fincher for making this absolute crap work. One could think the script originates from the age of lobotomies but it was just another sweetie pouring her heart out while sitting in a coffeeshop and browing tumblr :heart:

In 2007, Pike was engaged to film director Joe Wright,[28] but he called off the wedding in 2008.[29] Since December 2009, she has been in a relationship with Robie Uniacke, a mathematical researcher.[30] They have two sons, Solo (born 6 May 2012)[31] and Atom (born 2 December 2014)
:rofl: :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)