Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (130 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The Spectacular Now - Pretty great movie, did not expect this. Shailene is really suited for such roles.

Kickass - lol it was entertaining, some scenes with that little girl (@Albertmare) were really epic.

The Piano Teacher - I did not like it. If the main thing was to pain the main actress of how disturbing/disgusting she is I guess they succeeded. But still, I can't say I enjoyed the movie. I expected more from Haneke I guess. Left me pretty indifferent and meh but I gotta say some parts are gonna stick forever, like her connection with her mother, wanking, hand cutting.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - This has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen during these 24 years of life. The style of Wes Anderson was recognizable but this movie is just pure shit. I hate how it was all over the place, worthless chars. It's not even one of those movies to which you can laugh at. I have no idea how I lasted two hours and not turning this off. I think I laughed at one scene, maybe, and anything bar that was totally pointless. Dialogs were absolutely horrible and so many scenes were like.. pointless. It was exactly the opposite of The Grand Budapest Hotel which was pretty epic adventure and not a boring-shit-sleeping-fest.

Magnolia - Pretty great, I enjoyed it and those 3 hours felt quite short too which Nikola said too. It's one of those movies that sticks with you for a long time. I usually hate random and wtf scenes happening but I actually liked the frog thing. Acting was pretty damn amazing too (especially Tom Cruise, the cop and Neil Flynn) while soundtrack was absolutely brilliant. One of the rare movies that manages to pull off and shows coincidences and life from such a view. It's also unique which is a plus in my books.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
if you ask people if they like nic cage,

like 9 out of 10 say no.

how come everyone knows his movies then :boh:

same goes for one of the shittiest bands around - nickelback.
everyone claims to hate em, still they are super successfull.

who lies?
the selling records or the ones who claim to hate em? :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

When I think about worse movies I can only think of Steppenwolf tbh.

I saw zero humor in it. I was like WTF am I watching during the whole time. I hate myself for throwing two hours of my life on it.
its subtle. thats it.
if it is not your type of humor,

try Paul Blart: Mall Cop instead. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
if you ask people if they like nic cage,

like 9 out of 10 say no.

how come everyone knows his movies then :boh:

same goes for one of the shittiest bands around - nickelback.
everyone claims to hate em, still they are super successfull.

who lies?
the selling records or the ones who claim to hate em? :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

its subtle. thats it.
if it is not your type of humor,

try Paul Blart: Mall Cop instead. :D
I don't think comedies impress me overall, I find majority of them quite dull. :D

Gonna watch Jerry Maguire tonight.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - This has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen during these 24 years of life. The style of Wes Anderson was recognizable but this movie is just pure shit. I hate how it was all over the place, worthless chars. It's not even one of those movies to which you can laugh at. I have no idea how I lasted two hours and not turning this off. I think I laughed at one scene, maybe, and anything bar that was totally pointless. Dialogs were absolutely horrible and so many scenes were like.. pointless. It was exactly the opposite of The Grand Budapest Hotel which was pretty epic adventure and not a boring-shit-sleeping-fest.
What the fuck? That movie has everything. If you aren't moved by the mating dance of the sugar crabs or the hunt for the elusive jaguar shark, then you're not a human.

What are you Dooze? WHAT ARE YOU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)