Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (157 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So I watched Castle in the Sky last night. It was pretty great and Miyazaki does not disappoint. I have yet to watch plenty of Ghibli movies (did watch bold ones).

Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Spirited Away
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Tales from Earthsea
Arrietty
Ponyo
From Up on Poppy Hill
The Wind Rises
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
When Marnie Was There

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Jurassic World - Tries to do everything bigger and better than the three first ones, but ends up as a stupid, forgettable sequel without charm. But at least you're not bored while watching it.
Bridgend (2015) - A small, independent film about the suicides incidents in Bridgend, Wales. It's depressing as hell, but in this case it's a good thing. It really manages to show the bleak life as a working-class young adult in suburban Britain. Hannah Murray (Gilly from Game of Thrones) plays the lead character. Highly recommended.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's definitely watchable. The whole thing with the DNA modified megadinosaurs is just too much imo. I feel like the universe lost its charm. But it works as a straightforward monster movie a la Godzilla.
I guess so. I think I expected to be horrible though. So it was a pleasant surprise.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Christopher Lee died today :cry:.

One of the most amazing people I have read about. His life story could be a movie itself. Fantastic person and living his life to the fullest till the very end.

Rest in Peace.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I think the first trailer was better , but this is still decent . Probably a generic plot , but looks like it's gonna be a fun ride . Cavill has a lot of charisma .

- - - Updated - - -

Bill Murray :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)