Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (45 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Saw A Most Violent Year. Kind of a daring movie in its understatement... covering the corruption and graft in 1981 New York City, and yet it runs understated and simmering rather than the expected blow-em-up gangster-style films that have become routine and what you'd expect with that kind of set up.

I recommend it, unless you would be disappointed about a criminal enterprise movie with a low body count.

I even forgot that I just saw Isaac as Llewyn Davis...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nightcrawler :shocked: Its very rare that an actors performance has me shook, impressed and captivated yes, but fuck me, Gyllenhaal's performance and character, WTF, defenitely had all of us just staring at eachother in disbelief throughout most of the movie, monstrous level of acting to become THAT lol.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Nightcrawler :shocked: Its very rare that an actors performance has me shook, impressed and captivated yes, but $#@! me, Gyllenhaal's performance and character, WTF, defenitely had all of us just staring at eachother in disbelief throughout most of the movie, monstrous level of acting to become THAT lol.
never seen you like this :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Nightcrawler :shocked: Its very rare that an actors performance has me shook, impressed and captivated yes, but fuck me, Gyllenhaal's performance and character, WTF, defenitely had all of us just staring at eachother in disbelief throughout most of the movie, monstrous level of acting to become THAT lol.
Yeah, he was incredible. The movie itself isn't that good, but it's all worth it because of Jake's genious.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I watched Nightcrawler earlier too. Its indeed a great movie. I just didn't get why he wanted to :baggio: with the 61 year old TV director, Rene Russo.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Its incredible. I have no interest in jazz or drumming and i was captivated the whole time watching it. It plays like a thriller.
Although i heavily enjoy both Jazz and Jazz drumming... You're right, you don't need to, to able to enjoy this flick.

It has to be said it's very predictable at times though. Or maybe it's just personal experience from playing with others. All in all it's worth watching. Kept me interested from beginning to end.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Warrior - Very good fight movie, all the usual clichés but well put together and nice ending.
:tup:

Great movie for the most part. Gavin O'Connor is fantastic at telling the stories of sports achievements, I recommend you to watch Miracle (though I don't like hockey :p) if you didn't.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:tup:

Great movie for the most part. Gavin O'Connor is fantastic at telling the stories of sports achievements, I recommend you to watch Miracle (though I don't like hockey :p) if you didn't.
I've seen that too :tup: Although I'm not a huge fan of sports movies.

I also only recognised Tom Hardy about half way through this movie, the dude changes a lot, when you see him in current stuff like Peaky Blinders.

- - - Updated - - -

Still one of the best and most chilling endings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)