MOST USELESS GAME EVER [04/18/2009] (2 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'll give him a 6 for his movement and simplicity in touches. One of the few players on the pitch who wasn't wasteful.
I thought Nedved was awful, yes he wasn't wasteful but whenever he gets the ball he slows down play to the point where time is rewinding itself. If he picks the ball up on the halfway line by the time he covers 20 yards the opposition midfield has covered 40, and if he gets the ball on the edge of the D he passes it backward, the only thing he is good at now is shooting and he very rarely gets the space to do so because he is so slow.

Nedved is one of my fav players of all time, maybe one of the best players i have ever watched play football, but to see him over the last 2 and a half years has been painful to watch, yet he still plays 90 minutes of EVERY game. I cant wait for him to retire so that we can start thinking of him when he was on top of his game again. Giovinco has to replace him for the rest of the season, Nedved should only start on the last day of the season for sentiment is 2nd place is secured

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I thought Nedved was awful, yes he wasn't wasteful but whenever he gets the ball he slows down play to the point where time is rewinding itself. If he picks the ball up on the halfway line by the time he covers 20 yards the opposition midfield has covered 40, and if he gets the ball on the edge of the D he passes it backward, the only thing he is good at now is shooting and he very rarely gets the space to do so because he is so slow.

Nedved is one of my fav players of all time, maybe one of the best players i have ever watched play football, but to see him over the last 2 and a half years has been painful to watch, yet he still plays 90 minutes of EVERY game. I cant wait for him to retire so that we can start thinking of him when he was on top of his game again. Giovinco has to replace him for the rest of the season, Nedved should only start on the last day of the season for sentiment is 2nd place is secured
I definitely agree with your general sentiments, but last night I thought he was good especially in the first half.

In the second he looked very tired, but in the first he covered plenty of ground and combined well with the rest of the team. He hustled, got stuck in and made up for the shy Poulsen and Marchionni. It wasn't great, but he was functional.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I definitely agree with your general sentiments, but last night I thought he was good especially in the first half.

In the second he looked very tired, but in the first he covered plenty of ground and combined well with the rest of the team. He hustled, got stuck in and made up for the shy Poulsen and Marchionni. It wasn't great, but he was functional.
Yeah i see what you mean, he always puts a shift in and he's never useless - he's just old, but when i think of Nedved i expect him to always be amazing. Nowadays he doesn't waste posession, but he ALWAYS slows play down, cuts inside, passes to molinaro, drops off, recieves the ball again, looks up, back to poulsen etc.

I miss the nedved that would get the ball, bomb forward, take on a man, 1-2 with del piero and smash it in to the top corner. Obviously he hasnt got the pace and energy to do this anymore, but when he is keeping someone like giovinco on the bench who could do this i cant help but to be harsh on him....

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Investigation into Balotelli chants

A police investigation has been launched into racist chanting towards Mario Balotelli during last night's Derby d'Italia.

The Inter striker was repeatedly the target of racist chants from the Juventus fans at the Stadio Olimpico in the 1-1 draw.

The Turin police have now begun an investigation into the incidents and are viewing CCTV video inside the stadium to identify those responsible in the Curva Sud.

Balotelli himself replied to the racists when asked about the insults on RAI television. “I am more Italian than the whole Juventus curva.”

The 18-year-old was born from Ghanaian parents, but adopted by the Italian Balotelli family when he was two.

He is an Italian international at Under-21 level, although he was unable to make his debut until turning 18 due to a red tape issue over his adoption and problems gaining an Italian passport.

Balotelli has been bitterly criticised by several opponents, including Juve's Nicola Legrottaglie, over his tendency to “provoke” players and argue with the referee.

“The lad's behaviour might be a bit provocational, but that cannot justify racist chanting,” said Gianluigi Buffon.

“The great thing about Balotelli is his youth, but the bad thing is the personality that still has a long way to go. He is a good boy, but to become a champion he needs to mature.”

channel 4

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Investigation into Balotelli chants

A police investigation has been launched into racist chanting towards Mario Balotelli during last night's Derby d'Italia.

The Inter striker was repeatedly the target of racist chants from the Juventus fans at the Stadio Olimpico in the 1-1 draw.

The Turin police have now begun an investigation into the incidents and are viewing CCTV video inside the stadium to identify those responsible in the Curva Sud.

Balotelli himself replied to the racists when asked about the insults on RAI television. “I am more Italian than the whole Juventus curva.”

The 18-year-old was born from Ghanaian parents, but adopted by the Italian Balotelli family when he was two.

He is an Italian international at Under-21 level, although he was unable to make his debut until turning 18 due to a red tape issue over his adoption and problems gaining an Italian passport.

Balotelli has been bitterly criticised by several opponents, including Juve's Nicola Legrottaglie, over his tendency to “provoke” players and argue with the referee.

“The lad's behaviour might be a bit provocational, but that cannot justify racist chanting,” said Gianluigi Buffon.

“The great thing about Balotelli is his youth, but the bad thing is the personality that still has a long way to go. He is a good boy, but to become a champion he needs to mature.”

channel 4
That was a very good response. If this happened, I hope the culprits are hanged at the Coppa Italia final half time.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What do they mean in this case by "racist remarks"?

Monkey chants or "You're not Italian, you're African". They use the term racism for everything nowdays. Our fans were never racist the way Lazio fans were/are, and if the fans were telling him that he's not Italian (which might have happened, judging from Balotelli's reply) then no, that's not racism.

Sep 14, 2003

Monkey chants or "You're not Italian, you're African". They use the term racism for everything nowdays. Our fans were never racist the way Lazio fans were/are, and if the fans were telling him that he's not Italian (which might have happened, judging from Balotelli's reply) then no, that's not racism.
Yeah. I'd like to think our fans were better than that, especially after all the balck players that heve played for us.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Humors stuff from the match:

1- The wall against Del Piero's free kicks
2- Muntari not receiving at least a yellow card for his hideous tackle on Del Piero early in the match.
3- Whether intentional or not, Ibra's elbow to Chiellini will never be investigated and the ref would never even think about looking into it.
4- The Poulsen Yellow card
5- The honestly missed number of tackles on Iaquinta at the edge of the box.

But one thing I could not tolerate, the commentator of aljazeera sport. He was so happy Juventus were losing / inter were winning that it was too obvious. From the beginning of the match he was insisting that the game would be nicer if inter were to score not juventus. He was also commenting on how del piero was having an awfully poor season while he's barely 31 and that the only reason people think he's older because he's been at juventus since 1993. THAT IDIOT if Del Piero was 16 at that time he would have been now 32. And when Juventus equalized he was utterly disappointed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

No excusing this shit, they chanted Negro di merda to him for a while around when Tiago was sent off.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006

2- Muntari not receiving at least a yellow card for his hideous tackle on Del Piero early in the match.
3- Whether intentional or not, Ibra's elbow to Chiellini will never be investigated and the ref would never even think about looking into it.

But one thing I could not tolerate, the commentator of aljazeera sport. He was so happy Juventus were losing / inter were winning that it was too obvious. From the beginning of the match he was insisting that the game would be nicer if inter were to score not juventus. He was also commenting on how del piero was having an awfully poor season while he's barely 31 and that the only reason people think he's older because he's been at juventus since 1993. THAT IDIOT if Del Piero was 16 at that time he would have been now 32. And when Juventus equalized he was utterly disappointed.
Yeah it was very obvious and annoying

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

at al jazeerah there is two ways of torture for juve fans:

1- the commentator u witnessed last night who was a min away from blowing every inter player once the refree ended the game

2- the analysis studio, i hate that fat guy who presents it, he has inter all over him and the way he talks is annoying as hell " fareeeeg al eeeeeeeennnnnnnnnntttttttter" god!!!

mind u al jazeerah are only second to art commentators where barca and real madrid are the invincible gods!!

on the bright side al jazeerah have a commentator who is a juve die hard fan from emirate i think his name is saed el kabi he was class but now he barely shows up for juve games.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
at al jazeerah there is two ways of torture for juve fans:

1- the commentator u witnessed last night who was a min away from blowing every inter player once the refree ended the game

2- the analysis studio, i hate that fat guy who presents it, he has inter all over him and the way he talks is annoying as hell " fareeeeg al eeeeeeeennnnnnnnnntttttttter" god!!!

mind u al jazeerah are only second to art commentators where barca and real madrid are the invincible gods!!

on the bright side al jazeerah have a commentator who is a juve die hard fan from emirate i think his name is saed el kabi he was class but now he barely shows up for juve games.
i don't blame him either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)