Most under appreciated all-time Juve 11 (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Most under appreciated = Ibrahimovic :D

Seriously there are players that no matter who you appreciate them you will never given them what they deserve from appreciation, the likes of Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon.. Players who stuck with Juve for better and especially for worse.

But I think that our squad for the 1996 vicotry was really under appreciated by many people, especially non-juventini fans.
Players like Padovano, who gave all on the field. DD, Conte, Ferrara and Pessotto are among all time under appreciated players...

BUT, I think one of the most under appreciated players who should've been respected more especially from the club side was Alessio Tacchinardi. A player who lead Juve as a Captain for many many games. A player that till today speaks the best of Juventus. A player that gave his heart out to Juve. A player that respected the shirt he was wearing. A player that you can count on when roads gets rough. A player that used to give peace of mind to many fans when he is on he field because we know that he is willing to die for Juve.
This player was niglected by the former management, aka Capello, which pushed him away from Juve and from Italy all in all to go to spain. Not only this, a player that did not get his chance internationally. I think if he as given his chance to play withe NT he would've rocked. He played few games that were really good, but that was about it. No real chances.

For this I say, thank you Alessio for everything you've given Juve an us through out the wonderful decade you were with us. You were out worrior. You were the true Juve gardian on the field.

Forza Alessio Tacchinardi.. Maybe the best DM I have ever seen.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
ZAF3000 said:
Most under appreciated = Ibrahimovic :D

Seriously there are players that no matter who you appreciate them you will never given them what they deserve from appreciation, the likes of Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon.. Players who stuck with Juve for better and especially for worse.

But I think that our squad for the 1996 vicotry was really under appreciated by many people, especially non-juventini fans.
Players like Padovano, who gave all on the field. DD, Conte, Ferrara and Pessotto are among all time under appreciated players...

BUT, I think one of the most under appreciated players who should've been respected more especially from the club side was Alessio Tacchinardi. A player who lead Juve as a Captain for many many games. A player that till today speaks the best of Juventus. A player that gave his heart out to Juve. A player that respected the shirt he was wearing. A player that you can count on when roads gets rough. A player that used to give peace of mind to many fans when he is on he field because we know that he is willing to die for Juve.
This player was niglected by the former management, aka Capello, which pushed him away from Juve and from Italy all in all to go to spain. Not only this, a player that did not get his chance internationally. I think if he as given his chance to play withe NT he would've rocked. He played few games that were really good, but that was about it. No real chances.

For this I say, thank you Alessio for everything you've given Juve an us through out the wonderful decade you were with us. You were out worrior. You were the true Juve gardian on the field.

Forza Alessio Tacchinardi.. Maybe the best DM I have ever seen.
totally agree...it's shame he didnt get enough chances for the azzurri...he would have been brilliant

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #45
    I wasnt really a big fan of Dino Baggio despite the fact that he was considered by many to be one of the best midfielders in the world at the time. I guess he was sort of F. Lampard like in his prime: He got fare share of his goals, and yet capable of doing some dirty work. Also, Dino Baggio was one of the premium players in air if I remember correctly as well as having a blinder for 94WC when he and Roberto were the only ones who brought their boots with them.

Inspite of all this, I do think spelling Baggio for the sum of 7.5m sterling pounds at the time will probably go down as the one of the best deals Moggi ever done. To give some idea of the varsity of sum at the time, 7.5m would be probably equivalent to 30-35m in modern day world market. Oh yeah, I say that was unbelievable sum for a midfielder, and we got Paulo Sousa, Jugovic, Deschamp, Zizou for a far sum much less than that.

I would like see somekind of statsitical analysis comparing Zizou and Baggio in their primes measuring their efficiency on the pitch. I suspect that it will be R.Baggio who will probably come out on top on most measures. Personally, as good as Zizou was I feel he comes down on my book as overrated players. All people will remember is his mind blowing performances at WC but I always found him somewhat frustrating player in the league. Baggio, on the other hand, was just a simple goal-machine. He was a segunda punta with a strike ratio of Sheva and Batisuta - Fantastico!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Conte, Ferrara, Pessotto, Jugovic, Sousa, Ravanelli, Vialli, R.Baggio & Co. were definitely not under appreciated.

On the contrary, some of them were over-appreciated.

Not all of them were very skillful with the ball, they were just team players.

I would include Iuliano, Conte, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Pessotto as that kind of players.

I would say that Appiah, Miccoli and Inzaghi were under-appreciated, maybe Maresca.

Kapo hadnt really got the chance to prove himself.

Sep 28, 2002
    Jeeks said:
    Shiny heads to be exact :D

But where did you see me mention Attelio before?
    iirc someone posted an old pic or video with lombardo in it and your comment was "lombardo :touched:" that kind of stuck in my head.

paul, caught me there, didnt see him much, though when i saw him he didnt impress me at all, though that was post juve days.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Respaul said:
    Sorry... Did you actually watch Juve at that time.... Dino dragged that side to places it had no right being...
    :agree:
    shame that he scored against us with Parma in the Uefa cup final.Forgot wat year was it though.We lost 2-1 i think

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Fliakis said:
    iirc someone posted an old pic or video with lombardo in it and your comment was "lombardo :touched:" that kind of stuck in my head.

paul, caught me there, didnt see him much, though when i saw him he didnt impress me at all, though that was post juve days.
    Yes, I like the player a lot.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Fliakis said:
    of course roberto, dino was shite
    You're right about Dino, Fli, but I could never see Il Codino Divino as being the most unappreciated player. That title would more likely go to a "team player" who played alongside the star players & was therefore overshadowed by them.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I dunno about Laudrup...no doubts about his quality but he was certainly well received enough, and not just by Juventini either.

Ferrara wasn't exactly underappreciated by Juventini either, he's always been a favourite. Underrated by the national side at times, perhaps, and the general football-watching community; but not by Juventini.

I'd have picked Pagliuca over Peruzzi myself to be honest, sure I loved Angelo but Pagliuca was someone you could count on to reproduce his form on the international stage, and there was always his experience to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)