Most under appreciated all-time Juve 11 (2 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Martin said:
Good lineup, Jun-hide. I always felt that Peruzzi and Ferrara never quite got the recognition they deserved. For instance, it always bothered me that Pagliuca was the Azzurri first choice (and he recently wrote himself into the history books for a record number of Serie A appearances) at a time when Peruzzi was just as good at least (96-98). Ferrara was always in the shadow of Baresi and Maldini.
That's what happens when you are born at the same Era of two legends Maldini and Baresi, I would say it is fair.

As for Peruzzi, he was a good keeper, but not as good as Pagliuca, I think the underapreciated here is Pagliuca.

ZhiXin said:
Yes Tudor has proven himself to be a good defender, but his negative point is that he is always injured when you need him. Talented wise is good, but injury wise makes him not going to be missed much. I would rather put Montero at the later stages, where he is always mocked at for getting sent off. You need to imagine the time when he helped Juventus a lot when he is on form.
Tudor is an average Defender, and he is very Overrated, it just the goals he scored with his header that fooled everyone, we should have sold that master of errors to Man.utd back then whatever was the price.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
el_02 said:
Thierry Henry is a great player, but he just stayed in Juve for a short time.. so I don't think he was under-appreciated either..
And apart from that he was mostly used as a winger during his Juve time.

Jul 21, 2006
TORRICELLI~~ i think he is actually as good as Zambrotta
(Tor. is physically stronger while Zam. is more skillful)

but Torricelli did not get much chance in the national team....:(

and I would choose, Conte, Tacchi, Padovano and Montero

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
One word for all ya'll.....TREZEGUET.....I love this boy and he is my favorite player on Juve....he stays in the shadows while Del piero steals the limelight....if he stays with juve as long as del piero, i have no doubts in my mind he will break the all time record. He still isn't given enuf respect and should be called a juve idol just as Del Piero is!:toast:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Trezeguet is a respected player in the club, everyone knows his worth, it just that we have some members that worship DP as a god that makes you think he is not apreciated.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I fail to see what Del Piero has to do with Trezeguet. Whether fans worship Del Piero or not, It has nothing to do with Trezeguet or any-other player at all.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Trezeguet will be considered a juve legend in the future no doubt (perhaps even now), but the fact that del piero is considered by many to be the greatest juventino ever has nothing to do with it

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Azzurri7 said:
I fail to see what Del Piero has to do with Trezeguet. Whether fans worship Del Piero or not, It has nothing to do with Trezeguet or any-other player at all.
Del Piero has nothing to do with Trezeguet, no one said that. But if the majority of the forum members are Del piero fanatics, then Trezeguet will not be apreciated by the members as much as he deserves, it has to do with popularity (in the forum) which was mentioned in the other thread.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I consider Trezeguet to be the best finisher in the world, and I don't know many players of his calibre who stick with a club for six years. That said, Del Piero is probably my favorite player. As the two play in totally different roles I don't see a reason why appreciating the one should exclude appreciating the other.

Sep 1, 2002
snoop said:
Del Piero has nothing to do with Trezeguet, no one said that. But if the majority of the forum members are Del piero fanatics, then Trezeguet will not be apreciated by the members as much as he deserves, it has to do with popularity (in the forum) which was mentioned in the other thread.

There is most certainly, a lot of healthy homoerotism within these pages- I personally can't see the fuss in DP girl-like looks. There is a point though that it is to the point of sheer obsession, and any other who might shade his limelight is a threat to them.

Sep 1, 2002
Having given a lot of thought to this thread: The last few seconds.
I suggest that Edgar Davids was and is very much a forgotten hero of our club.

He would make it into my squad of all timers, if not-and I would have to think about it- the first team.

OP
Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #74
    bianconero said:
    Having given a lot of thought to this thread: The last few seconds.
    I suggest that Edgar Davids was and is very much a forgotten hero of our club.

He would make it into my squad of all timers, if not-and I would have to think about it- the first team.
    I also find Davids unbelievable talent. Acutally I remember reading some column back in Euro 2000, and some famous former international manager (a name I can't remember) said Davids, (Not Figo, Totti, Raul et al) as the second player who would rank in his lists of sheer class players just behind Zizou.

What IMO people don't appreciate is that Edgar is just more than a ball-winner. He had unbelievable set of skills, and he was a real midfield dynamo in the middle of the pitch. It makes the shudder whenever I imgaine the prospect of myself being an opposition's midfield general against David's prime.

However, my only criticism of Davids is that becuase of his controversial character, he may not have played on a consistent basis enough to merit as a Juve legend. He had two dreadful season with us, and it is hard to find any Juve legend with such inconsistency. Nonetheless, yeah I have to agree with you. Davids would be on my all time eleven ahead of Furino, Cuccereddu, or Tardelli, by the sheer prospect that none of them would have had talent or athleticism of Davids.

Sep 1, 2002
    Jun-hide said:
    I also find Davids unbelievable talent. Acutally I remember reading some column back in Euro 2000, and some famous former international manager (a name I can't remember) said Davids, (Not Figo, Totti, Raul et al) as the second player who would rank in his lists of sheer class players just behind Zizou.

What IMO people don't appreciate is that Edgar is just more than a ball-winner. He had unbelievable set of skills, and he was a real midfield dynamo in the middle of the pitch. It makes the shudder whenever I imgaine the prospect of myself being an opposition's midfield general against David's prime.

However, my only criticism of Davids is that becuase of his controversial character, he may not have played on a consistent basis enough to merit as a Juve legend. He had two dreadful season with us, and it is hard to find any Juve legend with such inconsistency. Nonetheless, yeah I have to agree with you. Davids would be on my all time eleven ahead of Furino, Cuccereddu, or Tardelli, by the sheer prospect that none of them would have had talent or athleticism of Davids.
    Agreed, but for the two dreadful seasons. Which seasons were they?

OP
    Jun-hide

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #76
    bianconero said:
    Agreed, but for the two dreadful seasons. Which seasons were they?
    First season with Lippi's return and the his last season where he couldnt play for contractual reasons. I know they are not his faults because (1) he obviously had a "disagreement" with Lippi and excluded for non-sporting reasons for the first and (2) Moggi orderd Lippi not the play for the second.

However, this is IMO the biggest fault with Davids - Not sporting aspect because he is phenom but his character. I do believe he has somewhat controversial character and he doesnt necessarily see eye to eye with certain people (Guss Hiddink is another one that comes into my mind). Even worse, he will not refrain from challenging the authority.

I guess that is the other side of the coin with Davids: His tempermental character makes him the player he is on the pitch but then again it leads to squimishes with coaches and fellow players. Anyway in his prime Davids was awesome.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Edgar Davids...one of my favourite players of all time...I do not feel he was under-appreciated at all...he had a massive fan following when he was in Turin and was always credited when he gave a good performance...Torricelli I think was also a player that could have done much more for Juve...shame he was sold to Fiorentina

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    snoop said:
    I think David is really appreciated by the fans. Don't know about the members though. But If you read his last week statement, then you'll realize he is happy with the fans and they do know his value somehow. After-all you can't forget and Ignore one of the top 5scorers in Juve history.

I admire David...Though he'll never be our Del Piero, Infact no one can be Del Piero nr2, but again I can assure you that they all admire Trezeguet.

Sep 1, 2002
    Azzurri7 said:
    I think David is really appreciated by the fans. Don't know about the members though. But If you read his last week statement, then you'll realize he is happy with the fans and they do know his value somehow. After-all you can't forget and Ignore one of the top 5scorers in Juve history.

I admire David...Though he'll never be our Del Piero, Infact no one can be Del Piero nr2, but again I can assure you that they all admire Trezeguet.

Are you drunk?

The last time I heard such gush was when I was stuck on a train (first class next time) next to a love struck drunken adolescent spilling his spleen over some spotty holiday romance. Oh I wish I had never spoken English that day.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    bianconero said:
    Are you drunk?

The last time I heard such gush was when I was stuck on a train (first class next time) next to a love struck drunken adolescent spilling his spleen over some spotty holiday romance. Oh I wish I had never spoken English that day.
    come again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)