Most under appreciated all-time Juve 11 (2 Viewers)

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Ok, heres my thoughts on our most under appriciated players, & some of the comments posted on this thread;

1) Ale is heralded as our greatest ever player by mostJuventini, (myself included - see my post;)
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1159485&postcount=36st
Because of this his status overshadows that of Trezegol & others, but we still love these men who stayed with us in our hour of need

2) Davids is SO over-rated its untrue. Is he the guy in Nike's ads who has all the skill in the world, or is he the mindless wrecking ball we see at Spurs, his attitude is shameful, esp in his contract disputes in his final season with us. He went to Barca, who got rid pretty quick, no? Lippi had such faith in him, & thats his thanks? Pay me or I'm off? Bye bye Edgar, your loss, not done well without us have you? We keep winning, where are you?

3) IMO 3 very underrated players are: Tacchi, Maresca, Pessotto. Who besides Juventini really knows of them? They are to us what G.Neville is to Manchester fans, & I mean no disrespect in that, I'm sure the true fans among you understand my meaning - I know how it sounds when you 1st read it!

4) My 2nd favourite underrated player is Alessandro Birindelli. This is a man who has suffered some very serious injuries, like his more illustrious namesake, battled through 9 seasons with us, despite an obvious lack of skill, playing 2nd fiddle to players like Zambro, Chiellini, Balza, Zebina (ouch!). His heart is unquestionable, he has the same never-say-die attitude as the previous 3 players I mentioned, which used to be known as il spirito da Juve, remember that, pre-Crapello obviously. The Don had a problem with this spirit as he did so much to get rid of these players, Maresca, Tacchi et al. His powerful shot alone should put him high on any such list:

5) Why oh why God has no one paid homage to Andrea Fortunato, whos name should be the first on any such list. The possibly greatest attacking left back in history, heir to the legacy of Facchetti, depite only 2 seasons in our shirt, was destined to push Maldini to CB many years before he eventually did. His tireless running & excellent crossing has been fresh in the memory in recent times, as Zambro did a fine impression of a man taken from us far far too early.

RIP Andrea, may God be with you & your family always.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I think Zlayeta is quite under appreciated as when someone does a list of who they want to sell he is always in the top 5. But then when we were in CL he used to score decisive goals against Real Madrid and Barcelona. So thats why i think he is under-appreciated

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I would like to mention Stefano Tacconi, not for being underrated by Juve fans in general but I've never seen any talk of him here on the forums. Excellent keeper from what I've seen and he was guarding the net for us when we won our very first Champions League trophy. He also won the UEFA Cup with us as well as 2 league titles, a cup winners cup and a World Club Cup. Second to Walter Zenga for many years in the national side but he was part of the 1986 and 1990 World Cup squads and overall made 7 appearances for Italy. Forza Tacconi!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
snoop said:
Tudor is an average Defender, and he is very Overrated, it just the goals he scored with his header that fooled everyone, we should have sold that master of errors to Man.utd back then whatever was the price.
Maybe you think he is average, but I think he is good, but you can say his injury wrecked him. I think that Tudor is very overrated in Croatia but no1 knows who he is outside his homeland. Wouldn't rate him as a word class defender, but definitely will come in handy, especially in terms of goals and such. You never know one day when he will be back. If he is back on form he will be a good defender. Much more realiable compared to Legro.

And I agree with you, Appiah is underappreciated all right, you can use your Fenerbahce argument to prove it.

Same goes for Birindelli.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ZhiXin said:
Maybe you think he is average, but I think he is good, but you can say his injury wrecked him. I think that Tudor is very overrated in Croatia but no1 knows who he is outside his homeland. Wouldn't rate him as a word class defender, but definitely will come in handy, especially in terms of goals and such. You never know one day when he will be back. If he is back on form he will be a good defender. Much more realiable compared to Legro.

And I agree with you, Appiah is underappreciated all right, you can use your Fenerbahce argument to prove it.

Same goes for Birindelli.
abt tudor , i think we rate him more than he deserves.I remember the old days when he used to make some stupid mistakes and even some due to his temper.
Since last season when Thuram and Kovac used to make mistakes, everyone here was bashing cap abt sending Tudor out on loan, like hes Nesta.
Imo our two starters now r better than him. He is only good as a cover.
Dont get me wrong i like him, but imo hes only a good backup player.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
abt tudor , i think we rate him more than he deserves.I remember the old days when he used to make some stupid mistakes and even some due to his temper.
Since last season when Thuram and Kovac used to make mistakes, everyone here was bashing cap abt sending Tudor out on loan, like hes Nesta.
Imo our two starters now r better than him. He is only good as a cover.
Dont get me wrong i like him, but imo hes only a good backup player.
Like the way how everybody bashed the purchase of Boumsong.

Tudor? Good when on form, but very injury and mistake prone, wouldn't say he is under-appreciated. I don't think Kovac can hang on any further, and Legro is still a disaster. Not saying that I'm a fan of Tudor, but I will still give Tudor the chance.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Jem83 said:
I would like to mention Stefano Tacconi, not for being underrated by Juve fans in general but I've never seen any talk of him here on the forums. Excellent keeper from what I've seen and he was guarding the net for us when we won our very first Champions League trophy. He also won the UEFA Cup with us as well as 2 league titles, a cup winners cup and a World Club Cup. Second to Walter Zenga for many years in the national side but he was part of the 1986 and 1990 World Cup squads and overall made 7 appearances for Italy. Forza Tacconi!

How old are you, man? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)